2011 NFL Draft Prospects to Watch: Big 12 Championship
So how about Nebraska ending up in the Big 12 title game after announcing it is leaving for the Big Ten last summer? The only thing sweeter for the title game would have been if Texas had enough to qualify. Well, Texas didn’t make it, but for NFL Draft fans we still have something to look forward to when Oklahoma attempts to stop Nebraska from taking a Big 12 title with them.
Oklahoma leads the two teams when it comes to scoring NFL Draft prospects in the game. The Sooners have five prospects that could very easily go in the first few rounds of the draft.
- RB Demarco Murray brings some size to the table at 6’1″ and 217 lbs. He has passed up 1000 yards on the season and enters the game with 14 TDs.
- While not the biggest guy, Ryan Broyles is a playmaker at Wide Receiver. Given his ability after the catch and skills in the kick return game, he should be a target in the earlier rounds.
- Linebacker Jeremy Beal is one of the top OLB prospects in the 2011 NFL Draft and was just named the Big 12 Defensive Player of the Year. Along with his tackling and instincts, his durability will stand out to scouts.
- Junior Linebacker Travis Lewis committed to Nebraska in High School, but later went with the Sooners.
- Safety Quinton Carter is one of the top prospects at his position. He has four picks on the season so far.
While the Sooners lead in the amount of high ranked prospects, Nebraska has the highest ranked in their defensive backfield.
- Prince Amukamara would be the top ranked Cornerback if it wasn’t for that Patrick Peterson guy. Amukamara is certain to be a high draft pick with his instincts, awareness, and durability.
- Jared Crick is not on the top end of the Top 10 Defensive Tackles, but it is a deep class for the position should he decide to enter. A first team All Big 12 pick.
The game can be viewed at 8pm ET on ABC, Saturday, December 4th.
What is the duplicate article?
Why is this article offensive?
Where is this article plagiarized from?
Why is this article poorly edited?