Chris Graythen/Getty Images
With TCU trouncing Utah on the road, the BCS suddenly has a little bit of a shake-up.
Here's our thoughts on who should be the BCS Top 25...
- Oregon—Stuttered early against Washington, then blew the Huskies out of the water.
- Auburn—Beating Chatanooga, here's the sound of no hands clapping.
- TCU—Quite possibly the best performance of the day in a College Gameday crushing of the Utes
- Boise State—Hammered an outsider in Hawaii in a game that many thought would be close. It would be a bummer to see neither TCU or Boise State getting in the NT game, but how good would it be seeing them play each other again?
- LSU—Victory over Alabama included obligatory balls-to-the-wall fourth quarter play, which worked.
- Nebraska—How bad does the loss to Texas look now?
- Wisconsin—Road victory over Purdue wasn't as graceful as it was functional. Bet they hate that loss to Michigan State even more....
- Michigan State—If all goes well, Michigan State might go to the Rose Bowl
- Ohio State—Unconvincing this week. Probably because they didn't play.
- Stanford—Tremendous victory over Arizona puts them in Rose Bowl...practically
- Utah—The loss to TCU in itself hurt. But the loss by 47 points really, really hurt.
- Iowa—Not great against Indiana, but a win's a win (or is that Big Ten bias, folks?)
- Oklahoma State—The pummeling of Baylor puts the Pokes in Big XII South contention
- Alabama–Loss to LSU trainwrecked their hopes of winning a SEC West or National Title.
- Virginia Tech—Another ACC. The Hokies remain the team to beat in the ACC.
- Arkansas—Superb performance at South Carolina, without Greg Childs, shows a worrying lack of parity between the SEC East and SEC West.
- Missouri—Ugly loss to Texas Tech gives the Tigers two losses in a row.
- Mississippi State—Didn't play this week, but at least we can make fun of cross-town Ole Miss and Brett Favre.
- Texas A&M—Tremendous victory against Oklahoma made you realise why night games at Kyle Field are so special.
- Oklahoma—Loss to Texas A&M, despite a spirited comeback late on, underlined how poor the Big 12 is this year
- Nevada—Offense kept on purring against Idaho.
- Florida—Hammered a poor Vanderbilt side. So what?
- UCF—Nice victory over Houston.
- Miami—This Stephon Morris kid's good, kids. Jacory Harris should be worried.
- Penn State—Win No. 400 for Joe Paterno gets a ranking from us. Illinois may not look so bad after all...