Florida State is not a top-five team.
While the Seminoles look promising this year, they finished with a 7-6 record last year and had one of the worst defenses in the country. The 'Noles are on this list because of their offence and because of their abilities to surprise people. Lets look at the five ranked teams that FSU played last year.
1) Miami (finished at No. 19): FSU was a dropped pass away from knocking off the Hurricanes.
2) No. 7 BYU (finished at No. 12): The Seminoles dropped 54 points on a Cougar team that hadn't lost at home since 2005 and finished the season 3-1 against ranked opponents.
3) No. 22 Georgia Tech (finished at No. 13): Another game that FSU was a play away from winning.
4) No. 1 Florida: No comment necessary.
5) No. 16 West Virginia (dropped to No. 22 after losing to FSU): a Bowl win against a ranked team by double digits with a backup QB.
That's what they did last year. This year they are significantly better. They will drop a few along the way, but no team they play is safe.