Ah, college football. It's back! And the first week of action has plenty of must watch games and national title implications.
Honorable Mention: Purdue at Notre Dame - 3:30 pm - NBC
- Purdue wins
6. Marshall at No. 2 Ohio State - 7:30 pm - Thursday - BTN
Sure, the outcome of the game is not the question, but will Tressel unleash Pryor? Who will get the carries? How good is this team? Pryor is considered to be by many the front-runner to win the Heisman.
-Ohio State wins
5. San Jose State at No. 1 Alabama - 7 pm - ESPN3
Just to see how the top-ranked team in the nation is looking. Will they score 100 points? Can they repeat?
4. No. 15 Pitt at Utah - 8:30 pm - Thursday - Versus
Dion Lewis and Big East contenders travel to Utah to face off in an interesting match up.
3. No. 24 Oregon State at No. 6 TCU - 7:45 pm - ESPN
TCU looks to compete for a national title this year, and Jaquizz Rodgers is a Heisman candidate. Interesting watch for sure.
2. No. 21 LSU vs No. 18 North Carolina - 8 pm - ABC
Saturday Night Football, LSU and North Carolina both could win their conferences. In the Georgia Dome.
1. No. 3 Boise State vs (essentially at) No. 10 Virginia Tech - 8 pm - Monday - ESPN
Boise State and VT both need a win here to win the national title. Kellen Moore and Tyrod Taylor are Heisman favorites coming into this year.
* Next week I will go more in depth on each game. I know this is very short.