Ten Things For Mountaineer Fans To Look Forward Too
Football season is just around the corner and I know how excited everyone is! Ready to watch the old gold and blue tear it up on the field. I decided I would make a list of the top ten thing for Mountaineer fans to look forward too.
10. Geno Smith. I for one am extremely excited to see how this young man comes out and represent the Mountaineers and himself. We will be extremely lucky if he plays up to the hype he has been built on thus far. He has a experienced line to protect him and a great running back to compliment him if he is struggling.
9. Rivalry being renewed with Maryland. Yes, Maryland has been down and out for a little while now, but who doesn't love beating these guys? The border rivalry has been a great one throughout the years, and will hopefully reach that level again very soon, not seeing it happen this year though.
8. Skip Holtz. I chose this one for a few reasons. First off, Skip knows how WVU plays football so his teams at East Carolina have recently played WVU well. Now that he goes to a team like USF and has better talent, with guys that WVU struggles with, this rivalry is going to get hotter as long as Skip is down there.
7. Defense. This years Mountaineer defense is going to be scary for opponents. The defensive line is great especially with Scooter Berry and Julian Miller on the end. Expect the Mountaineers to force a lot of turnovers this year!
6. Backyard Brawl. The last 3 Backyard Brawls have all been close, with big upsets. Look for the Mountaineers to clean up this year and beat the predicted Big East champions. Would of been better if it was home but who doesn't love beating Pitt in front of a stadium full of their own fans.
5. Competitive Big East. We all know the Big East isn't loaded with national title contenders. But the conference is a pretty wide open race this year with Pitt and West Virginia being the top two picked as favorites. Watch for UCONN to ride on momentum for the season if they knock Michigan off in the Big House. Cincinnati should and will not fall of far by losing Brian Kelly, as great of a coach he is Butch Jones has replaced him before and did just as good. The conference leader could change week in and week out.
4. At LSU. This is clearly the game of the season for WVU. This will let everyone in the country know early on which one of these two teams are for real and can actually contend. Watch for the winner of this game to propel into the top 15. It will not be easy for WVU as playing an SEC team never is, let alone in one of the toughest stadiums to play in. In my opinion WVU has the better team by a good margin, but can they handle the pressure of being on the road in SEC country.
3. Noel Devine. Need I say more? He is surprisignly back for his senior year and Mountaineer faithful couldn't be more excited. With a new QB at the helm he is going to get a lot of carries if Geno isn't producing. Look for Noel to make a run at the Heisman this year and to carry the Mountaineers to victories.
2. Return to the top of the Big East. I feel like West Virginia will win the conference this year and return to the top of a weak Big East. If they do so they will get their BCS Bowl game, and I would imagine the fans are hoping for a Orange Bowl to go along with their Fiesta and Sugar Bowl trophies. That's if they don't make the MNC that is.
1. Return of college football. Ok, so this isn't just for Mountaineer fans but for all fans of college football. It's that time again after we have all patiently waited even though we did have a nice off season with the conference realignment. Let the tailgating begin!
What is the duplicate article?
Why is this article offensive?
Where is this article plagiarized from?
Why is this article poorly edited?