It’s bold prediction results time.
Since before the 2008 season I have made 17 bold predictions for the season. While I am sure I have a losing record in these, it won’t stop me from making more.
Here we go with the 2011 set.
1. Heisman invites per conference- 2 Pac, 1 SEC, 1 Mountain West. This is all. NOPE
2. One of the big name coaches currently not with a team will have a job BEFORE the season ends. Rich Rod is a Fairly big name. Leach too.
3. Some coach on no ones hot seat list will be out by Week 9. I am not sure if anyone had Stoops on the hot seat but I didn’t see it happening.
4. Virginia Tech CB Hosley will again lead the nation in interceptions. Harris and Boyett at Oregon will lead as a combo. Not just wrong but like epic fail wrong
5. Legends and Leaders will change their names. (less prediction more hope) still hoping
6. Conference realignment will shift to the 14 team conference and not quite to the 16 team model just yet. YUP
7. No major FCS upsets. Beware the Sun Belt. I do not consider beating Duke and Oregon State major upsets. I don’t know that the Sun Belt made huge noise but I think they pulled out of the basement and sat above WAC and MAC and could argue with a good portion of the CUSA.
8. Despite popular belief, the Mountain West will prove to be really no different than the WAC was with the departure of Utah and BYU. The way I see it, I was right.
9. Sun Belt has a solid showing. doesn’t finish as the 11th conference. As stated above.
10. 3 Stoops brothers as head coaches. Wrong
11. Utah and Nebraska play in their new conference championship games in their first years in the new conferences. Double wrong.
12. An SEC team doesn’t win the National Championship. Wow so wrong.
13. A 1 loss Mountain West champion plays in a BCS bowl. Nope again.
14. Navy to the Big East. I’m not ready to call it a dead idea just yet.
15. Despite all the bitching and moaning by some people, the new taunting rule will not impact the outcome of a game without the penalty being deserved. I didn’t see it. I say I called it unless someone knows of it happening.
16. The most recent team that came up to DIA, Western Kentucky, will not be the worst team in the nation. There were 5 teams in their conference with a worse overall and they finished 2nd in the conference.
17. USF becomes the last of the Big East expansion teams to make a BCS bowl.(Lousiville, Cinci, and Uconn all have been) No
I only see it as about 8 right and 1 still a maybe, which is possibly my best record. I still say I go to bold sometimes.