50 Sickest Dunks of Blake Griffin's NBA Career (Video)
Blake Griffin absolutely demolished Kendrick Perkins during last night's Clippers and Thunder game in what is easily the best dunk of the year. It had shades of last year's posterization of Timofey Mozgov and it tops LeBron James' ridiculous dunk over John Lucas.
Griffin has quickly taken the mantle as the second incarnation of the Human Highlight Reel. When he gets into the paint and leaps into the air, most defenders wisely clear the area so as to avoid ending up on a poster on some kid's bedroom wall.
With Chris Paul at his side and setting him up with easy dimes and alley-oops, Griffin will continue to find himself in highlight reels.
Griffin is the unquestioned dunk king of the NBA, and he should hold that crown for years to come.
*Keep in mind that the following dunks exclude alley-oops. These are pure dunks and put-backs from Blake Superior himself.
50. Blake Follows Up His Own Miss with a Putback Jam over the Raptors
Midway through the fourth quarter in a game against the Toronto Raptors, Blake Griffin backs his way into the paint against Amir Johnson.
He misses the short shot but quickly follows up his miss with a putback dunk.
49. Blake Goes Through the Lane for an Easy Tomahawk Jam
Griffin is left wide open at the top of the key as he practically walks to the hoop and throws it down in front of three Sacramento Kings player.
48. Blake Goes for the Baseline Reverse over the Memphis Grizzlies
Griffin sets up on the low block against Zach Randolph, gives him the pump fake and drives along the baseline for the reverse two-hander.
47. Griffin with a Huge Dunk in Front of Two Thunder Players
Off of a missed layup, Eric Gordon pushes the fast break and sets up Griffin for the easy jam right in the front of Kevin Durant and Nenad Krstic.
46. Two-Handed Slam in the Face of Tim Duncan
Working the pick-and-roll, Griffin gets the ball in stride near the top of the key as he drives right to the bucket and through the outstretched arms of Tim Duncan as he throws it down.
45. Blake Powers a Huge Left-Handed Dunk over Channing Frye
After catching the ball high in the paint, Griffin dribbles once and goes up for the huge left-handed dunk over Marcin Gortat and Channing Frye.
44. Left Handed Dunk over the Grizzlies
Catching the ball at the top of the arc, Griffin drives right to the basket and throws down a huge lefty dunk right by Marc Gasol of the Memphis Grizzlies.
43. Picks Chris Paul's Pocket, Runs the Break and Slams It Through
Griffin manages to steal the ball on this play from his new running partner and teammate, Chris Paul.
He takes the ball, crosses up David West and runs the one-man fastbreak as he goes in for the easy one-handed dunk.
42. Griffin Grabs the Offensive Rebound and Follows Up with a Dunk on Jazz
After Eric Gordon misses a reverse layup, the ball manages to land right into the hands of Griffin, who goes in for the easy follow-up double-clutch dunk against the Utah Jazz.
41. Griffin with the Monstrous Putback over the Blazers
Off of a missed Ryan Gomes three, Griffin soars up for the huge left-handed putback jam against the Portland Trail Blazers.
40. Griffin Goes Down the Lane for the Huge Hammer Dunk on Cavaliers
Catching the ball at the top of the arc, he uses DeAndre Jordan's screen to go right down the lane for a big hammer dunk on the Cleveland Cavaliers.
39. Blake Goes for a Two-Handed Baseline Reverse Dunk on Grizzlies
Working off of a pick-and-roll with Mo Williams, Blake Griffin cuts right through the Thunder defense and throws down a monstrous right-hander over Serge Ibaka.
38. Blake Takes DeMarcus Cousins off the Dribble
Blake gets the ball near the right side of the arc against DeMarcus Cousins.
He proceeds to dribble right through the paint, hops by Cousins and throws the big right-hander over him.
37. Blake Recovers the Ball, Drives, Spins and Dunks
Facing off against the Knicks, Blake gets the ball near the paint, briefly loses the ball, recovers it, spins on Amar'e Stoudemire and gets air as he throws in a big one-handed dunk.
36. Griffin Gets the Easy Dunk on the Suns
Al-Farouq Aminu drives down the lane and as the Suns' defense collapses, he finds Blake Griffin along the baseline for the easy reverse.
35. Blake Terrifies Ersan
Catching the ball near the arc, Blake Griffin takes it into the paint and right to the bucket. Griffin is so terrifying, Ersan Ilyasova falls in fear before Griffin can even posterize him.
34. Baron Davis Hits Griffin with the Long Assist for the Big Jam over Pistons
Running the fastbreak, Baron Davis sets up Griffin with a deep cross-court bounce pass for the easy and-one dunk.
33. Griffin Goes Right Down the Lane Against the Timberwolves
Running the fastbreak with Baron Davis, Blake Griffin catches the easy setup from Davis for the huge dunk right down the lane.
32. Blake Gets a Wide Open Windmill Dunk Against Bucks
Off of a Milwaukee Bucks turnover, Blake Griffin manages to sneak behind the rest of the team for the uncontested windmill jam.
31. Blake Gets a Wide Open Windmill Dunk Against Heat
After LeBron James throws a pass right into the hands of Baron Davis, Griffin runs to the other end of the court for the easy windmill dunk.
30. Griffin Grabs the Miss and Throws It Back Down over DeMarcus Cousins
Griffin cleans up off of a Chris Kaman baseline jumper with a huge one-handed reach over DeMarcus Cousins.
29. Blake Elevates for the Tip Jam Putback over JaVale McGee
Griffin gets ridiculous air to throw in a tip jam off Randy Foye's missed three.
28. Blake Grabs an Offensive-Rebound, Spins and Dunks on the Suns
Griffin grabs a huge offensive rebound off of an Eric Gordon three. He pump fakes Jared Dudley, spins and throws down a ridiculous one-handed dunk over the Phoenix Suns.
27. Blake Double Pumps on Andrew Bynum and Matt Barnes
Catching a pass from Chris Paul just outside the paint, Griffin goes straight into attack mode and goes right by Matt Barnes and Andrew Bynum for the two-handed stuff.
Bynum's reaction to the dunk says it all.
26. Blake Double Pumps Through Andrew Bynum
After losing the ball while being guarded by Pau Gasol, Griffin recovers the ball and drives baseline.
Andrew Bynum foolishly challenges the dunk, but Griffin gets right by with the double pump for the finish.
25. Griffin Double Clutches over Mickael Pietrus
Griffin sneaks by Dwight Howard and gets an easy setup from Eric Gordon. Griffin goes along the baseline and double clutches right by Mickael Pietrus.
24. Blake Griffin Comes off of a Screen and Goes for the Reverse Baseline Dunk
Working off of a high screen with Eric Bledsoe, Griffin drives for a baseline up and under on the Detroit Pistons.
23. Blake Recovers for the Left-Handed Reverse Baseline Jam over New Orleans
Eric Bledsoe sets Griffin up on the low block. After nearly turning the ball over, Griffin recovers and and goes in for the reverse double clutch one-hander on the New Orleans Hornets.
22. Blake Takes Pau Gasol off the Dribble and Goes for a Baseline Reverse
Blake catches the ball on the left baseline and drives right by Pau Gasol for the huge reverse dunk.
21. Griffin Spins off of Lamar Odom for the Up and Under Dunk
After getting the ball on the low post against Lamar Odom, he spins off of him and goes for the up-and-under two-hander against the Los Angeles Lakers.
20. Blake Goes for a Monstrous Two-Handed Putback over the Wizards
Griffin sneaks in along the baseline and throws in a monstrous two-handed putback off of a missed jumper over the Washington Wizards.
19. Blake Goes Right over Nenad Krstic
Blake gets the easy setup from Randy Foye off the pick-and-roll for the mid-air change right over Nenad Krstic.
18. Blake Soars for the Big Dunk on the OKC Thunder
Coming off of a pick-and-roll, Blake Griffin soars down the left side for a huge left-hander over Nick Collison and in the face of Nazr Mohammed.
17. Blake Bulldozes His Way Through Brian Cardinal
Griffin runs the one-man fast-break and nearly loses the ball. After falling to the floor, he throws the ball back out and gets it right back as he bulldozes and posterizes Brian Cardinal for the huge right-handed dunk.
16. Slam Dunk Contest: The KIA Car Jump
Now don't get me wrong, Griffin's infamous dunk over a car in the Slam Dunk Contest was impressive, but it was a bit overrated.
The extravagant setup definitely hyped up the dunk and subsequently the score by the judges.
15. Griffin Spins and Dunks Right by Ryan Hollins
After catching the rock in the middle of the paint, he spins away from Ryan Hollins and then steps back through for the one-hander on the Cleveland Cavaliers.
14. Griffin with Another Baseline Reverse
As Baron Davis works George Hill into the paint, he draws a number of Spurs and finds an open Griffin below the basket for a reverse two-handed dunk.
13. Blake Throws Down a Huge Dunk over the Raptors
Griffin gets the ball near the low block and manages to put down a powerful right-handed dunk over the Toronto Raptors.
12. Blake Powers Through a Hard Foul for the Dunk
Griffin gets the easy setup from DeAndre Jordan. While going up for the dunk, Channing Frye fouls Griffin hard—he even gets called for the flagrant, but Griffin manages to somehow double pump for the finish.
11. Blake Crushes Kris Humphries
Watch as Griffin powers down the lane and serve Kris Humphries with a monstrous facial.
Griffin certainly has no compassion for Humphries' recent split.
10. Blake Goes for the Baseline Reverse on the Bulls
Griffin posts up on Kurt Thomas and drives down the baseline for the huge reverse dunk over three Chicago Bulls defenders.
9. Blake Posterizes Anthony Tolliver
Griffin comes off a pick-and-roll and crushes Anthony Tolliver off the assist.
8. Blake Serves Nenad Krstic a Facial
Working off the low block, Griffin backs Serge Ibaka down into the paint and posterizes Nenad Krstic off of a thunderous and explosive slam.
7. Blake Destroy D.J. Mbenga
The title says it all.
6. Blake Drives and Throws Up an Absurd Reverse One-Hander on the Cavaliers
Getting the ball at the top of the key, Griffin drives the left side and jumps under the basket for the one-handed reverse on the Cleveland Cavaliers.
5. Slam Dunk Contest: Off the Backboard Forearm Hang
Reminiscent of a classic Vince Carter throwback, Griffin wows the crowd during the 2011 Slam Dunk Contest with an off-the-backboard forearm hang dunk.
4. Slam Dunk Contest: 360 Slam
Blake Griffin comes with the huge 360 while cocking the ball behind his head for the huge stuff during the 2011 Slam Dunk Contest.
3. Blake with the Spin and Huge Tomahawk Jam
Personally, this one hurts to watch since it was over my New York Knicks, but this is one of the most absurd dunks of the season.
Griffin grabs a turnover and runs down the court with Danilo Gallinari doing his best to stay in front of him. Griffin spins right behind Gallinari and elevates for a ridiculous tomahawk jam.
2. Blake Demolishes Timofey Mozgov
Like the previous dunk, this one hurts to watch, and really, these last two dunks are nearly interchangeable in the rankings.
Blake Griffin comes off a pick-and-roll and soars through the air and literally throws the ball down through the hoop as he posterizes Timofey Mozgov.
The worst part is that he grabs the back of Mozgov's head to make it look like an explicit act.
1. Blake Destroys Kendrick Perkins
Griffin pulled off the early candidate for dunk of the year and possibly dunk of the decade with this facial on Kendrick Perkins.
Reminiscent of his stuff on Timofey Mozgov, Griffin manages to jump even further out and against a far tougher opponent in Perkins.