Lebron James has won the MVP for the past two years running but his summer move to Miami convinced us that he no longer had a chance at winning a Third Straight. That has partly changed because his play of late has been superb and he has had some memorable performances of late (44 points against POR) .Many players have risen to the occasion over the past few games (Kevin Durant game winner against the Knicks) and put themselves in prime position to win the award. As of now, the honor of Most Valuable Player is still completely up for grabs because Wade and Lebron being on the same team will definitely be talked about poorly among voters.
There is no clear cut MVP on the Celtics, Ginobili's stats are not good enough to win, Kobe is not his usual self and Amare Stoudemire's team is not good enough to give him the title that easily. Because of this, there is heavy debate as to who will win the award and anyone can win. Derrick Rose, Dirk Nowitzki and Chris Paul all are having stellar seasons and have to be considered the favorites along with the King and Dwight Howard. With that in mind, here our my Top Ten Candidates as of now. The Criteria are as follows.
- Must be on a winning team
- Team Must be in Playoff Position
- Has to be in the Top 2 on his team in Scoring.
- Must Score at least 20PPG or be in the Top 5 in the league in RPG or APG.
- Must have missed no more than 10 games.
- Must shoot above 50% from the Free throw line and above 40% from the field.