Some people would lead you to believe that Kobe Bryant is close to being on par with Michael Jordan. (Check this USA Today link ) Not a chance...How do you compare one of the greatest players of his time (and most like all time) to a very good player? Yes, Kobe will be in the Hall of Fame soon, but there isn't much he's done, that Jordan hasn't done better...Such as:
- Jordan was the leader in all of the 6 titles he was part of. Kobe won his first three with another Hall Of Famer, Shaquille O'Neal. Just think Shaq has been important in the winning of titles with 2 Hall of Famers, Kobe and Dwayne Wade. Not sure Kobe will be able to say that. Jordan's won 6 Finals MVPs to Kobe's 1.
- Jordan is known for his skills over the globe. I don't think Kobe has that much of a draw. Just think, everyone says they are going out to get some 'Jordans', Not sure I've heard anyone say I'm going out to get my 'Kobes'.
- Jordan wanted to win championships more than being the 'Man' on the team. How did Jordan and Dennis Rodman make it? Kobe pretty much ran Shaq out of town, then LA had to go out and get a lot of good players to support Kobe.
- Jordan made the players on his team much better than Kobe. It's hard to compare Scottie Pippen to Kobe's support case: Shaq, Derek Fisher, Pau Gasol, Lamar Odom, Ron Artest and Andrew Bynum. Oh yea, don't forget Big Shot Rob....
- Jordan was the most feared man on the court. Sometimes Kobe disappears...How did Suns make the run they did in game 6 of the 2010 Western Finals? Once Kobe woke up, it was over...why did they have to get so close before he took over? I think he feels like he has to prove that he doesn't have to take over a game...I say go get that win...screw what others have to say.
With Lebron on the move...yes he will be moving (or Cavs will be changing shop, think Phil Jackson could put Cleveland on the Basketball map?), Kobe will be sandwiched between two of the best. Sorry Kobe...:(