Carmelo Anthony to the Knicks Is Imminent
Carmelo Anthony to the Knicks is imminent, but yet it always has been. As I reported here just a couple weeks ago when it was rumored that Anthony would turn down a three-year, $65 million extension to remain in Denver the Knicks began to emerge on the radar. Fast forward to today and here are the facts that we now have:
- He didn't jump at the chance to sign the extension
- He's put his 25,000-square-foot mansion in suburban Denver up for sale
- His newly-wed wife LaLa Vazquez believes her career can flourish in NYC
- Constant reports of Anthony telling friends that he wants to play for the New York Knicks
- He knows there is no chance of winning a championship in Denver anytime soon but yet his NBA biological clock is ticking
It is believed that the Knicks are prepared to offer Danilo Gallinari, Eddie Curry's expiring contract and a future first round pick to land Melo. While I do not think this would be enough, throw in Wilson Chandler and we have a deal. Are there other teams that can get in the mix? Sure. Here's the problem. Would you trade value for a player that has basically told you he plans to make the Mecca of basketball his permanent home?
Uniting Anthony with Stoudemire in NY, along with a potential star in Anthony Randolph can have the Knicks on the verge of a 50+ win, top 5 team in the Eastern Conference. While I do not believe that Knick fans understand the type of PG the club acquired when they signed free agent Raymond Felton, I do believe he is a great fit to run Mike D'Antoni's fast paced system and is entering his prime as a very talented, underrated player.
Put it all together and you have a resurrection at Madison Square Garden and in NYC. The Knicks are back and if they can land Melo, watch out.
What is the duplicate article?
Why is this article offensive?
Where is this article plagiarized from?
Why is this article poorly edited?