48 Hours, 48 Questions
Hey look, it's a post with a theme!
So the FOTG team (or at least two of us) is a mere 48 hours away from our week-long excursion to Arizona. Spring Training is finally here! That being said, I realized that there is still a lot we don't know about this team and it's potential for heart-breakedness (copyright pending).
So as I continue to count down the hours until "wheels down" in AZ, I thought I'd count down the top 48 questions I will attempt to answer during our time amongst Lou's crew.
1) What are the chances that Milton Bradley's ice glare will make me pee myself?
2) With sex symbol DeRo no longer with the club, who will be my wife's new creepy crush?
3) Which non-roster invitee will cause me to whisper "I was unaware he was still amongst the living?"
4) What is the over/under on the first Roberto Alomar AIDS-related joke?
5) How will I cope with a Spring Training sans Matt Murton and his ginger locks?
6) Since the NBA All-Star game is in town, will I regret not packing my Kevlar vest?
7) Will anyone outside the Japanese media be excited to see Fuku?
8) How many In-N-Out burgers is too many?
9) Will Marmol's arm fall off on Tuesday or Wednesday?
10) On the scale of 1-10, how awkward will the College of Idiots-FOTG meetup be?
11) Is there a place on the planet other that Arizona that I can both love and loathe at the same time?
12) Is it socially acceptable to drink at 9AM Western time?
13) Mountain time?
14) What the hell time zone is Arizona in again?
15) Can I hug Ron Santo without being tackled by security?
16) How much jail time would I get for punching Mark Giengreco in the junk?
17) At what point does hanging out on the ASU campus go from curiosity to pedophilia?
18) Will I be more excited to see an NBA player or an NBA groupie?
19) So Taguchi?
20) With a name like Rocky Roquet, how can you not make the team?
21) Is Bobby Scales the greatest Spring Training player ever?
22) Is it socially acceptable to drop-kick an eight-year-old while chasing down a foul ball?
23) Who wins in a knife fight, Len or Bob?
24) Why in the name of all that is holy do they have to start at 9 flippin' AM?
25) With Wuertz, Hill, Pie and Ronny gone, who will fill the void of suck?
26) What is the point of the WBC again and why is it a good idea to have Marmol pitching in it?
27) Lou Pinella, boxers or briefs?
28) If the guy sitting next to me at the blackjack table splits 10's, am I within my legal rights to end his life?
29) When staring at a stranger's wife's breasts in the hot tub, how long is too long?
30) Do baseball players work out in the off season or just eat?
31) Just as a precaution, shouldn't they just wrap Bradley, Harden and Soriano in bubble tape for the entire Spring Training?
32) How long after I put on my Murton jersey t-shirt will my friends start ripping me a new one?
33) Considering the level of "talent" present, what is the graduation rate for heterosexual males at ASU? 10%?
34) What kind a moron decides to do a list of 48 questions?
35) Whatever happened to 2005 Derrek Lee?
36) How many more years are left in Soriano's contract again?
37) Aaron Miles, seriously?
38) Am I supposed to be creeped out or honored having a Cubs player in full uniform at the urinal next to me?
39) Does Lou own an actual jersey or just a bunch of warm-ups?
40) Is there anything more inspiring than seeing Santo walking around a baseball field?
41) So, have they traded for Peavy yet?
42) Is there anyone under the age of 65 living in Mesa?
43) When Soriano gets hurt and both Bradley and Aramis need the day off, wouldn't it just be easier to forfeit that game?
44) Why does it seem like the Cubs are always stockpiling middle relievers who have trouble getting batters out?
45) What exactly is fungo?
46) Who in the hell is paying for Ronnie Woo-Woo's airfare year after year?
47) Over/Under on the number of times the phrase "He's gonna find a red tag in his locker" will be used?
48) Why don't we do this every year?
What is the duplicate article?
Why is this article offensive?
Where is this article plagiarized from?
Why is this article poorly edited?