As most of you know...I play in 12 fantasy football leagues this season, and in week 3, I went 9-3.
It would have been nice to get a little heads up that Gordon was going to be such a huge part of the Browns game plan—he had 19 targets, 10 receptions, 146 yards and a TD. Imagine my frustration on Sunday having Gordon riding the pine in eight of my 12 leagues.
Gordon put up between 20 to 36 fantasy points on Sunday against the Minnesota Vikings (pending your scoring system). Thankfully, other players produced for me in Week 3, and I only lost in three of my 12 leagues, where I had Gordon as my water boy.
Lesson learned...always go with your gut and never over-analyze a decision. I benched Gordon because I had no faith in Browns QB Brian Hoyer. As actress Julia Roberts once said in the movie Pretty Woman, "Big mistake, big, huge!"
Let's take a look at some other players who shinned in Week 3!
Out Kicked Their Coverage:
- Joique Bell = 132 all purpose yards and a TD—filling in nicely for absent Reggie Bush
- Jason Snelling and Ahmad Bradshaw = both with 16 FF points in Week 3—well done gentlemen
- Santonio Holmes = 154 yards and a TD vs the Buffalo Bills
- Jordan Cameron = 66 yards and 3 TDs vs the Vikings
- Cincinnati Bengals Defense = 16 FF points vs the Green Bay Packers—yes, the Packers!
They Failed Us All:
- Colin Kaepernick = 3 FF points vs the Indianapolis Colts
- RG3 = 12 FF points vs the Detroit Lions
- Aaron Rodgers = 13 FF points vs the Bengals
- Stevan Ridley = only 35 rushing yards vs the Tampa Bay Buccaneers—enough already
- Marshawn Lynch = only 6 FF points vs the Jaguars—yes, the Jags!
- Dwayne Bowe = Zero points in Week 3
- Eddie Royal = two receptions for only 34 yards and no TDs
- Tony Gonzalez = 24 receiving yards vs the Miami Dolphins
- Seattle Seahawks Defense = 8 FF points vs the Jaguars—yes, the Jags!
Waiver wire Tuesday pick ups heading into Week 4:
- Alex Smith = facing the Giants at Arrowhead Stadium on Sunday—sleeper
- Jason Snelling = sounds like Steven Jackson will be out a few more weeks
- Bilal Powell = becoming the workhorse for the New York Jets
- Brandon Bolden = more impressive than Stevan Ridley for the New England Patriots
- Santonio Holmes = chemistry with Geno Smith is developing before our very eyes
- Donnie Avery = Alex Smith's favorite target and faces the Giants in Week 4
- Ryan Broyles = with Nate Burleson out with a broken arm—Broyles' fantasy value increases
- Coby Fleener = faces the Jaguars, who gave up two TDs to Seahawks TE Zach Miller in Week 3, in Week 4
- Kansas City Chiefs Defense = available in 70 percent of most FF leagues; hosting a struggling Giants offense in Week 4
Good luck in Week 4 everyone!
Any fantasy football questions, please tweet me @AnitaMarks, and be sure to include #BRFantasy.
Tune into "Fantasy Live" every Sunday at 12 pm ET on www.BleacherReport.com
See you then!