The 2011 NFL schedule began on a weekend that, 10 years ago, shook our country. I felt privileged to watch each football game and see them honor the men and women who sacrificed their lives on September 11th, 2001.
It will be hard to top the emotion and excitement of the 2011 NFL season's opening weekend, but I wanted to take a look at some games that are worthy of tuning into.
The 2011 NFL schedule is packed with big games, so it was hard for me to narrow it down to eight games that I thought had a great story behind them, could be close, well fought games and had playoff implications.
As I scanned through each week, I noticed that I was picking a lot of the same teams in matchups against a lot of similar teams, so I tried to get a nice mix in the end.
This is by no means a list of the best games in order, but simply eight games that I think are going to be great football games worth watching. I did not just list out these games and tell you to watch them because they are going to be good.
Instead, I gave you a story line for the game, a brief thought on how I think the game might go, a key matchup and even a final verdict on the score.
If there are other games that you really think would be great for fans to watch, let us know in the comments below. I have listed some honorable mentions of my own that are not included in this list.
- Week 2 - San Diego vs New England
- Week 3 - Houston vs New Orleans
- Week 4 - New York Jets vs Baltimore
- Week 5 - New York Jets vs New England, San Diego vs Denver and Green Bay vs Atlanta
- Week 6 - Houston vs Baltimore
- Week 8 - New England vs Pittsburgh
- Week 9 - Baltimore vs Pittsburgh
- Week 10 - New Orleans vs Atlanta
- Week 11 - San Diego vs Chicago
- Week 12 - Arizona vs St. Louis
- Week 13 - Atlanta vs Houston
- Week 15 - New York Jets vs Philadelphia
- Week 16 - Philadelphia vs Dallas