Week 10 Fantasy Football Rankings: Top 25 Quarterbacks
Jim Rogash/Getty Images
Here are my top 25 quarterbacks for fantasy Week 10.
This countdown doesn't lean on a particular stat. It's merely an educated early guess of which signal-callers will have the best combination of total yards (passing/rushing) and total touchdowns this weekend.
Regardless of how these rankings shake out every week, it shouldn't supersede two important factors that go into regular lineup consideration:
1. Always play your healthy superstars
2. Always ride your gut instinct over a certain guru's analysis
NOTE: The Cardinals, Browns, Redskins and Packers are all on byes.
Top 25 QBs for Week 10
1. Tom Brady vs. Buffalo
2. Drew Brees vs. Atlanta
3. Peyton Manning @ Carolina
4. Matt Ryan @ New Orleans
5. Matthew Stafford @ Minnesota
6. Eli Manning @ Cincinnati
7. Philip Rivers @ Tampa Bay
8. Ben Roethlisberger vs. Kansas City
9. Cam Newton vs. Denver
10. Tony Romo @ Philadelphia
11. Josh Freeman vs. San Diego
12. Carson Palmer @ Baltimore
13. Andy Dalton vs. N.Y. Giants
14. Ryan Fitzpatrick @ New England
15. Joe Flacco vs. Oakland
16. Michael Vick vs. Dallas
17. Andrew Luck @ Jacksonville
18. Ryan Tannehill vs. Tennessee
19. Jay Cutler vs. Houston
20. Matt Hasselbeck @ Miami
21. Alex Smith vs. St. Louis
22. Matt Schaub @ Chicago
23. Mark Sanchez @ Seattle
24. Russell Wilson vs. N.Y. Jets
25. Sam Bradford @ San Francisco
25a. Christian Ponder vs. Detroit
25b. Blaine Gabbert vs. Indianapolis
25c. Matt Cassel/Brady Quinn @ Pittsburgh
1. Tom Brady is an easy lock for monster numbers. In his last five games against the Bills, he boasts per-outing averages of 283.4 yards passing and 3.6 touchdowns.
2. I will be very disappointed if Philip Rivers does not collect 300 yards or three touchdowns against the Bucs, the NFL's worst pass defense (320 yards per game).
3. As an Atlanta resident, I'm taking a conservative tone with Matt Ryan, even though his Falcons have been waiting for the Saints all season (payback for running up the score last December). Sure, he'll post top-five numbers on Sunday...but a Michael Turner touchdown (or two) may dilute the final output.
4. Tony Romo's current status as a top-10 pick is tenuous. In his last four games at Philly, he's had two 300-yard outings...and two clunkers of middling passing yards and zero or one touchdown.
5. On the flip side, I may boost Josh Freeman two or three spots before Sunday. For Bucs receiver Vincent Jackson to have the perfect "revenge" game against the Chargers (V-Jax's old team)...he'll require 11 or 12 Freeman targets. Maybe more.
6. I have great empathy for Chiefs stars Dwayne Bowe and Jamaal Charles. They're simply too dynamic to have Matt Cassel or Brady Quinn as their quarterback for 16 looooooooong games. Things could get really ugly against the Steelers.
Jay Clemons can be reached on Twitter, day or night, at @ATL_JayClemons.
What is the duplicate article?
Why is this article offensive?
Where is this article plagiarized from?
Why is this article poorly edited?