Quarterbacks may be the make-or-break assets of fantasy football, but they're not all created equal.
To wit, here is an updated look at my six classifications of QBs for draft day:
Tier 1 (4,550 total yards and/or 33 TDs)
Tier 3 (3,850 total yards and/or 24 TDs)
Carson Palmer, Ben Roethlisberger, Ryan Fitzpatrick, Jay Cutler, Josh Freeman, Mark Sanchez, Joe Flacco, Andy Dalton, Matt Cassel
Tier 4 (3,400 total yards and/or 21 TDs)
Alex Smith, Andrew Luck, Robert Griffin III, Matt Flynn
Tier 5 (2,825 total yards and 16 TDs)
Brandon Weeden, John Skelton, Jake Locker, Matt Hasselbeck, Christian Ponder, Blaine Gabbert, Sam Bradford, Ryan Tannehill
Tier 6 (Preferred-Backup Status)
Tarvaris Jackson, Kevin Kolb, Matt Moore, Colt McCoy, T.J. Yates, Vince Young, Dan Orlovsky, Jason Campbell, Rex Grossman, Shaun Hill, Chad Henne, Kyle Orton, David Garrard, Tim Tebow, Joe Webb, Brian Hoyer, Brady Quinn, Drew Stanton, David Carr, Chase Daniel, Charlie Whitehurst, Ryan Mallett, Ricky Stanzi, Russell Wilson
The process of prepping for the 2012 NFL season goes deeper than reading The Fantasy Blog every day and mock drafting online at least twice per week.
Radio podcasts can be extremely helpful during the dog days of training camp and all the way to the slate of Week 16 games before Christmas.
Here are five podcasts that I lean on during the summer and fall months:
1. ESPN—Fantasy Focus with Matthew Berry and Nate Ravitz
2. CBSSports.com—Fantasy Football with Dave Richard, Nathan Zegura and Jamey Eisneberg
3. KFAN in Minneapolis—Fantasy Football Weekly with Paul Charchian
4. RotoWire.com—Fantasy Sports Podcast featuing Chris Liss and Jeff Erickson
5. MyFoxDetroit.com—Fantasy Sports Geekly with Sean Baligian and Scott Bischoff
Jay Clemons can be reached on Twitter, day or night, at @ATL_JayClemons.