At this point, let's hope you either own him or won't have to face him in your fantasy football championship this week.
As great as Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers has been this season, Saints quarterback Drew Brees has been nearly as productive from a fantasy standpoint. And he was certainly much more productive in Week 15.
Last week against the Vikings, Brees threw for his second 400-yard game of the season. He also threw for five touchdowns for the second time this year. However, it was the first time this year that he did both in the same week.
In 14 games this season, Brees has thrown for 300-plus yards 11 times. Over the course of his past five games, Brees has thrown for 300-plus yards every week and has a 16:0 touchdown-to-interception ratio during that span.
Brees needs only 220 yards to reach 5,000 passing yards, which means he can have his lowest total of the season and still accomplish that this week—and there is a good chance Brees will throw for the 305 yards he needs to break Dan Marino's record (5,084 yards) with still another week to go.
Brees and the Saints face the Falcons this week. While the Falcons have been very tough against the run (fourth in the NFL), they have a middle-of-the-road pass defense (230.6 passing yards per game and 19 passing touchdowns allowed).
Here are some more quarterback notes for Week 16:
- Green Bay quarterback Aaron Rodgers, the likely league MVP, picked the worst week to have his worst performance of the season against the Chiefs. Rodgers completed less than half of his passes (17-of-35) and threw for only 235 yards and one touchdown, both season lows. This week, the Packers host the Bears on Christmas night.
- Last week, Broncos quarterback Tim Tebow had 21 fantasy points from his rushing stats alone if you exclude his lost fumble. Tebow had 12 rush attempts for 93 yards and two touchdowns. He also threw for 194 yards, which ended his two-game streak of 200-yard passing games.
- Detroit quarterback Matthew Stafford had his third game of the season with 50-plus pass attempts. Stafford finished last week with 392 yards, four touchdowns and no interceptions. It was Stafford's third game this season with at least four touchdowns.
- Cowboys quarterback Tony Romo threw for 300-plus yards in four of the team's first five games this season. Since then, however, Romo has only one 300-yard game. This week, the Cowboys host the Eagles, who have allowed only two 300-yard passers (Tom Brady and John Skelton). In their first matchup this season, Romo had only 203 passing yards, one touchdown and one interception.
- Panthers rookie quarterback Cam Newton has not rushed for a touchdown in either of his past two games since setting the NFL record for rushing touchdowns (13) by a quarterback. However, Newton has thrown multiple touchdowns in back-to-back games for the first time in his NFL career.
- For the fourth straight season, Chargers quarterback Philip Rivers has thrown for 4,000-plus yards. Although he set a career high in interceptions (17) this year, Rivers has not thrown an interception in four consecutive games. During that span, Rivers has thrown for 248 yards per game and has an 8:0 touchdown-to-interception ratio.
- Giants quarterback Eli Manning was on fire going into last week's matchup against the Redskins with two 400-yard performances in his past three games. Manning and his receivers weren't on the same page, however, as he threw three interceptions and no touchdowns. It won't get any easier this week against the New York Jets.
- Falcons quarterback Matt Ryan has five games with three or more touchdowns this season. Three of them have come in the past four games as Ryan has an 11:2 touchdown-to-interception ratio during that span. Since the bye (Week 8), Ryan has thrown 17 touchdowns and only four interceptions.
Here are our fantasy quarterback rankings for Week 16:
1. Drew Brees, Saints (vs ATL)
2. Tom Brady, Patriots (vs MIA)
3. Aaron Rodgers, Packers (vs CHI)
4. Cam Newton, Panthers (vs TB)
5. Matthew Stafford, Lions (vs SD)
6. Michael Vick, Eagles (at DAL)
7. Tony Romo, Cowboys (vs PHI)
8. Tim Tebow, Broncos (at BUF)
9. Matt Ryan, Falcons (at NO)
10. Philip Rivers, Chargers (at DET)
11. Eli Manning, Giants (at NYJ)
12. Rex Grossman, Redskins (vs MIN)
13. Matt Moore, Dolphins (at NE)
14. Mark Sanchez, Jets (vs NYG)
15. Ben Roethlisberger, Steelers (vs STL)
16. Ryan Fitzpatrick, Bills (vs DEN)
17. Andy Dalton, Bengals (vs ARI)
18. Carson Palmer, Raiders (at KC)
19. Josh Freeman, Buccaneers (at CAR)
20. Kyle Orton, Chiefs (vs OAK)
21. Joe Flacco, Ravens (vs CLE)
22. Christian Ponder, Vikings (at WAS)
23. T.J. Yates, Texans (at IND)
24. Matt Hasselbeck, Titans (vs JAX)
25. Alex Smith, 49ers (at SEA)
26. John Skelton, Cardinals (at CIN)
27. Kevin Kolb, Cardinals (at CIN)
28. Tarvaris Jackson, Seahawks (vs SF)
29. Dan Orlovsky, Colts (vs HOU)
30. Seneca Wallace, Browns (at BAL)
Note: Our quarterback rankings will be updated before the Thursday Night game and again before the Saturday games. To view the updates, visit our quarterback rankings page.
Check out our rankings for other positions and/or flex rankings at TheTipDrill.com, our fantasy section.
Good luck in Week 16!