I am one of the Senior Editors of NFLdraftbible.com and one of the primary draft analysts. I have run hundreds of scouting reports for this year's draft.
The most insightful and in-depth coverage can be found on our website, where we run live interviews and podcasts and have up to date news and analysis. I was "discovered" writing for BR, so I am posting a few things during the draft as a Thank You.
1. St. Louis Rams: Sam Bradford —B
Rams finally got their franchise QB, but did they get one who can stay healthy?
2. Detroit Lions: Ndamukong Suh —A
Finally, watching the Lions on Thanksgiving will begin to be fun.
3. Tampa Bay Bucs: Gerald McCoy —B+
Perfect combination of fit, need, and talent; McCoy may not be Sapp, though.
4. Washington Redskins: Trent Williams —C-
This pick is too cool for school. Shanahan ignored the tape on Okung for Williams.
5. Kansas City Chiefs: Eric Berry —A
Romeo Crennel and Eric Berry are a match made in heaven.
6. Seattle Seahawks: Russell Okung —A
Incredible value and perfect replacement for Walter Jones.
7. Cleveland Browns: Joe Haden —B
Perhaps a bit high, but a good sign that Holmgren and Mangini are on the same page.
8. Oakland Raiders: Rolando McClain —B-
Too high and poor schematic fit, but adds character to a team lacking it.
9. Buffalo Bills: C.J. Spiller —B
The Bills had greater needs, but Spiller’s draft positioning is correct.
10. Jacksonville Jaguars: Tyson Alualu —F
Bad fit schematically and drafted too high. Total disaster.
11. San Francisco 49ers: Anthony Davis —B+
Davis has the talent and Singletary has the motivational skills to tug it out.
12. San Diego Charger: Ryan Mathews —D
Good fit and fills a huge need, but paid a fortune in trade and drafted too high.
13. Philadelphia Eagles: Brandon Graham —B+
Will be a great pass-rusher, but he is not a full-time left end.
14. Seattle Seahawks: Earl Thomas — A
Another huge need filled with a player who shouldn’t have been available this low.
15. New York Giants: Jason Pierre Paul —B
Had other needs, but the Giants love pass rushers. Giants can bring him along slowly.
16. Tennessee Titans: Derrick Morgan —A
Perfect for a team hemorrhaging leadership and talent on the defensive side.
17. San Francisco 49ers: Mike Iupati —B+
Had other needs, but too talented to pass up. It’s going to hurt playing the 49ers.
18. Pittsburgh Steelers: Maurkice Pouncey —A
A franchise that prides itself on Hall of Fame center play has gone too long without.
19. Atlanta Falcons: Sean Weatherspoon —B
Great fit in their defense, but can he keep his mouth shut for at least his rookie year?
20. Houston: Kareem Jackson —C+
Should start from Day One, but not talented enough to be a shutdown NFL cornerback.
21. Cincinnati Bengals: Jermaine Gresham —B-
Great fit and fills a need, but are his knees already shot?
22. Denver Broncos: Demaryious Thomas —B+
Better fit than Dez Bryant considering the Brandon Marshall nightmare. Raw.
23. Green Bay Packers: Bryan Bulaga —A
Ted Thompson is on Operation Keep Aaron Rogers Alive.
24. Dallas Cowboys: Dez Bryant —A
Great value. Just hope he hangs out with Miles Austin and not Martellus Bennet.
25. Denver Broncos: Tim Tebow —C+
The anti-Cutler. Still, this is too high for a QB with the flaws he has.
26. Arizona Cardinals: Dan Williams —A-
Great value, fit, and need; however, Williams might still bust due to work ethic.
27. New England Patriots: Devin McCourty —C+
Patriots a little too obsessed with beefing up their secondary the last few drafts.
28. Miami Dolphins: Jared Odrick —B+
Meat and potatoes guy for meat and potatoes franchise.
29. New York Jets: Kyle Wilson —A
Rex Ryan’s blitz schemes just got crazier.
30. Detroit Lions: Jahvid Best —A-
Look out, here come the Lions! Only concern is concussions.
31. Indianapolis Colts: Jerry Hughes —A
He was the perfect Colt before he ever put on the uniform.
32. New Orleans Saints: Patrick Robinson —B+
Gregg Williams loves to blitz. Might have Robert Meachem learning curve.
Like the new article format? Send us feedback!