2010 NFL Draft: First Round Grades
I am one of the Senior Editors of NFLdraftbible.com and one of the primary draft analysts. I have run hundreds of scouting reports for this year's draft.
The most insightful and in-depth coverage can be found on our website, where we run live interviews and podcasts and have up to date news and analysis. I was "discovered" writing for BR, so I am posting a few things during the draft as a Thank You.
1. St. Louis Rams: Sam Bradford —B
Rams finally got their franchise QB, but did they get one who can stay healthy?
2. Detroit Lions: Ndamukong Suh —A
Finally, watching the Lions on Thanksgiving will begin to be fun.
3. Tampa Bay Bucs: Gerald McCoy —B+
Perfect combination of fit, need, and talent; McCoy may not be Sapp, though.
4. Washington Redskins: Trent Williams —C-
This pick is too cool for school. Shanahan ignored the tape on Okung for Williams.
5. Kansas City Chiefs: Eric Berry —A
Romeo Crennel and Eric Berry are a match made in heaven.
6. Seattle Seahawks: Russell Okung —A
Incredible value and perfect replacement for Walter Jones.
7. Cleveland Browns: Joe Haden —B
Perhaps a bit high, but a good sign that Holmgren and Mangini are on the same page.
8. Oakland Raiders: Rolando McClain —B-
Too high and poor schematic fit, but adds character to a team lacking it.
9. Buffalo Bills: C.J. Spiller —B
The Bills had greater needs, but Spiller’s draft positioning is correct.
10. Jacksonville Jaguars: Tyson Alualu —F
Bad fit schematically and drafted too high. Total disaster.
11. San Francisco 49ers: Anthony Davis —B+
Davis has the talent and Singletary has the motivational skills to tug it out.
12. San Diego Charger: Ryan Mathews —D
Good fit and fills a huge need, but paid a fortune in trade and drafted too high.
13. Philadelphia Eagles: Brandon Graham —B+
Will be a great pass-rusher, but he is not a full-time left end.
14. Seattle Seahawks: Earl Thomas — A
Another huge need filled with a player who shouldn’t have been available this low.
15. New York Giants: Jason Pierre Paul —B
Had other needs, but the Giants love pass rushers. Giants can bring him along slowly.
16. Tennessee Titans: Derrick Morgan —A
Perfect for a team hemorrhaging leadership and talent on the defensive side.
17. San Francisco 49ers: Mike Iupati —B+
Had other needs, but too talented to pass up. It’s going to hurt playing the 49ers.
18. Pittsburgh Steelers: Maurkice Pouncey —A
A franchise that prides itself on Hall of Fame center play has gone too long without.
19. Atlanta Falcons: Sean Weatherspoon —B
Great fit in their defense, but can he keep his mouth shut for at least his rookie year?
20. Houston: Kareem Jackson —C+
Should start from Day One, but not talented enough to be a shutdown NFL cornerback.
21. Cincinnati Bengals: Jermaine Gresham —B-
Great fit and fills a need, but are his knees already shot?
22. Denver Broncos: Demaryious Thomas —B+
Better fit than Dez Bryant considering the Brandon Marshall nightmare. Raw.
23. Green Bay Packers: Bryan Bulaga —A
Ted Thompson is on Operation Keep Aaron Rogers Alive.
24. Dallas Cowboys: Dez Bryant —A
Great value. Just hope he hangs out with Miles Austin and not Martellus Bennet.
25. Denver Broncos: Tim Tebow —C+
The anti-Cutler. Still, this is too high for a QB with the flaws he has.
26. Arizona Cardinals: Dan Williams —A-
Great value, fit, and need; however, Williams might still bust due to work ethic.
27. New England Patriots: Devin McCourty —C+
Patriots a little too obsessed with beefing up their secondary the last few drafts.
28. Miami Dolphins: Jared Odrick —B+
Meat and potatoes guy for meat and potatoes franchise.
29. New York Jets: Kyle Wilson —A
Rex Ryan’s blitz schemes just got crazier.
30. Detroit Lions: Jahvid Best —A-
Look out, here come the Lions! Only concern is concussions.
31. Indianapolis Colts: Jerry Hughes —A
He was the perfect Colt before he ever put on the uniform.
32. New Orleans Saints: Patrick Robinson —B+
Gregg Williams loves to blitz. Might have Robert Meachem learning curve.
What is the duplicate article?
Why is this article offensive?
Where is this article plagiarized from?
Why is this article poorly edited?