The quarterback position is frequently home to the top point-getters in fantasy football. Nine of the top 10 current performers in standard scoring to this point of the season are quarterbacks.
Arian Foster, the running back for the Houston Texans, is the only non-quarterback to keep that company entering Week 8.
During Week 8, a lot of the top quarterbacks have bad matchups in terms of fantasy points allowed by the defenses that they will face on Sunday.
It’s important, therefore, to keep an eye on quarterbacks’ matchups before blindly throwing Cam Newton into your lineup and expecting fantasy fireworks against a fantastic Chicago Bears defense on the road.
Sure, it could happen—but there are safer options out there.
Before getting into the top 10 fantasy quarterbacks for Week 8, here are the guys that didn’t make the cut.
11. Eli Manning, New York Giants (at Dallas Cowboys)
12. Cam Newton, Carolina Panthers (at Chicago Bears)
13. Tony Romo, Dallas Cowboys (vs. New York Giants)
14. Jay Cutler, Chicago Bears (vs. Carolina Panthers)
15. Matthew Stafford, Detroit Lions (vs. Seattle Seahawks)
16. Brandon Weeden, Cleveland Browns (vs. San Diego Chargers)
17. Sam Bradford, St. Louis Rams (vs. New England Patriots in London)
18. Matt Hasselbeck, Tennessee Titans (vs. Indianapolis Colts)
19. Mark Sanchez, New York Jets (vs. Miami Dolphins)
20. Ryan Tannehill, Miami Dolphins (at New York Jets)
21. Carson Palmer, Oakland Raiders (at Kansas City Chiefs)
22. Alex Smith, San Francisco 49ers (at Arizona Cardinals)
23. Russell Wilson, Seattle Seahawks (at Detroit Lions)
24. Brady Quinn, Kansas City Chiefs (vs. Oakland Raiders)
25. John Skelton, Arizona Cardinals (vs. San Francisco 49ers)
26. Blaine Gabbert, Jacksonville Jaguars (at Green Bay Packers)