Zach Hocker, K, Arkansas (HT: 6'0¼", WT: 189 lbs.)
Seventh Round: 228th Pick
|Combine Weigh In|
|6'0"||189||30 1/8"||8 5/8"|
- Field-goal range extends beyond 50 yards—converted three of four attempts beyond 50 yards as a senior.
- Coming off a strong senior year in which he demonstrated improved leg strength and consistent accuracy.
- Has a quick, consistent approach allowing him to be consistent on short field goal attempts and extra points.
- Adequate and consistent leg strength on kickoffs.
- Four-year starter with plenty of experience.
- Filled in as the punter in three games in 2013.
- Improved overall consistency during senior year, but was erratic on kicks of all distances during his first three years at Arkansas.
- Converted all eight field goal attempts under 40 yards in 2013, but made just nine of 12 the previous season.
- Leg strength developed late in college career, and has limited experience kicking beyond 50 yards (four of six career attempts in 2013).
- Inconsistent under pressure, especially early in his career.
- Kickoff leg strength is acceptable, but definitely not a strength.
- Limited experience in bad weather conditions—played high school and college ball in Arkansas.
- Holds Arkansas school record for points scored
- Invited to NFL Combine
- Participated in East-West Shrine Game
- All-State kicker as a senior in high school in 2009
- Also punted in high school
Hocker doesn't have the track record over the course of his career that some of the kickers in this year's class possess, but he is coming off a strong senior year, which should earn him a look from the NFL. As long as he maintains consistent accuracy on short and intermediate kicks, his leg strength should meet the minimum requirements of NFL teams to keep him in the league.
Draft Projection: Seventh Round or Undrafted