The NFL Draft is the day that hope triumphs over reality.
The league's worst teams start the rebuilding process, hoping to pick up superstars who'll take them places. Those teams that made the playoffs, but were denied the Lombardi Trophy will look for difference makers.
The elite teams are thinking about shoring themselves up in key areas. The New York Jets will probably pick someone their well-represented fan base isn't crazy about.
Here's what I think the first round will look like:
1. Detroit - Matthew Stafford, QB, Georgia
2. St. Louis - Jason Smith, T, Baylor
3. Kansas City - Aaron Curry, LB, Wake Forest
4. Seattle - Mark Sanchez, QB, USC
5. Cleveland - Michael Crabtree, WR, Texas Tech
6. Cincinnati - Brian Orakpo, DE, Texas
7. Oakland - Alex Mack, C, Cal
8. Jacksonville - Michael Oher, T, Ole Miss
9. Green Bay - Jeremy Maclin, WR, Missouri
10. San Francisco - James Laurinaitis, LB, Ohio State
11. Buffalo - Eugene Monroe, T, Virginia
12. Denver - Malcolm Jenkins, S, Ohio State
13. Washington - Rey Maualuga, LB, USC
14. New Orleans - Andre Smith, T, Alabama
15. Houston - Knowshon Moreno, RB, Georgia
16. San Diego - Duke Robinson, G, Oklahoma
17. New York Jets - Josh Freeman, QB, Kansas St.
18. Denver - Darrius Heyward-Bey, WR, Maryland
19. Tampa Bay - Clay Matthews, LB, USC
20. Detroit - LeSean McCoy, RB, Pittsburgh
21. Philadelphia - Chris Wells, RB, Ohio St.
22. Minnesota - Percy Harvin, WR, Florida
23. New England - Nic Harris, LB, Oklahoma
24. Atlanta - B.J. Raji, DT, Boston College
25. Miami - Peria Jerry, DT, Ole Miss
26. Baltimore - Larry English, DE, Northern Illinois
27. Indianapolis - Eben Britton, T, Arizona
28. Buffalo - Jason Phillips, LB, TCU
29. New York Giants - Tyson Jackson, DE, LSU
30. Tennessee - Kenny Britt, WR, Rutgers
31. Arizona - Darius Butler, CB, Connecticut
32. Pittsburgh - Michael Jenkins, CB, Ohio State