Fantasy football owners will have a lot of new blood to work with at the starting quarterback position in Week 12. San Franicsco’s Colin Kaepernick, Jacksonville’s Chad Henne, Philadelphia's Nick Foles, Pittsburgh’s Charlie Batch and Arizona’s Ryan Lindley will make their first or second start of the season on Sunday.
Only one of those guys is going to come highly recommended as a fantasy start.
For the first time in a long time, the NFL has 16 games scheduled in a single week. However, Thanksgiving’s slate of three games makes the post-Thursday night schedule look similar to weeks that have four teams on a bye.
As a result, we still have 13 games remaining heading into Sunday. Below are the not-top-five fantasy QBs for Week 12.
6. Eli Manning, New York Giants (vs. Green Bay Packers).
7. Cam Newton, Carolina Panthers (at Philadelphia Eagles).
8. Andrew Luck, Indianapolis Colts (vs. Buffalo Bills).
9. Carson Palmer, Oakland Raiders (at Cincinnati Bengals).
10. Andy Dalton, Cincinnati Bengals (vs. Oakland Raiders).
11. Josh Freeman, Tampa Bay Buccaneers (vs. Atlanta Falcons).
12. Jake Locker, Tennessee Titans (at Jacksonville Jaguars).
13. Philip Rivers, San Diego Chargers (vs. Baltimore Ravens).
14. Ryan Fitzpatrick, Buffalo Bills (at Indianapolis Colts).
15. Chad Henne, Jacksonville Jaguars (vs. Tennessee Titans).
16. Jay Cutler, Chicago Bears (vs. Minnesota Vikings).
17. Brandon Weeden, Cleveland Browns (vs. Pittsburgh Steelers).
18. Joe Flacco, Baltimore Ravens (at San Diego Chargers).
19. Sam Bradford, St. Louis Rams (at Arizona Cardinals).
20. Russell Wilson, Seattle Seahawks (at Miami Dolphins).
21. Christian Ponder, Minnesota Vikings (at Chicago Bears).
22. Matt Cassel, Kansas City Chiefs (vs. Denver Broncos).
23. Nick Foles, Philadelphia Eagles (vs. Carolina Panthers).
24. Ryan Tannehill, Miami Dolphins (vs. Seattle Seahawks).
25. Charlie Batch, Pittsburgh Steelers (at Cleveland Browns).
26. Ryan Lindley, Arizona Cardinals (vs. St. Louis Rams).