Fantasy Football: Top 30 Waiver-Wire Pickups Heading into Week 8
Christian Petersen/Getty Images
Here's my listing of the top-30 free agents (12-team, standard-scoring leagues) heading into Week 8—a countdown that ideally values long-term viability over one week of superb stats.
Obviously, free-agent quarterbacks like Brandon Weeden, Mark Sanchez, Sam Bradford, Ryan Tannehill and Matt Hasselbeck are the likeliest candidates for most points from Sunday to Sunday.
But I would also place an equal or higher priority on landing possible dynamos at receiver, running back and tight end...ahead of a quarterback who may only draw one or two fantasy starts from this point forward.
For an in-depth slideshow of my top-10 waiver-wire pickups, click here.
Top 30 Free Agents
1. RB Rashad Jennings, Jaguars
2. RB LaRod Stephens-Howling, Cardinals
3. WR Josh Gordon, Browns
4. WR Randall Cobb, Packers
5. RB Jonathan Dwyer, Steelers
6. RB Vick Ballard, Colts
7. WR Jeremy Kerley, Jets
8. QB Brandon Weeden, Browns
9. TE Dustin Keller, Jets
10. QB Mark Sanchez, Jets
11. WR Andre Roberts, Cardinals
12. D/ST Denver Broncos
13. WR Kendall Wright, Titans
14. WR Brandon Gibson, Rams
15. RB Phillip Tanner, Cowboys
16. QB Sam Bradford, Rams
17. RB Montario Hardesty, Browns
18. K Kai Forbath, Redskins
19. WR Santana Moss, Redskins
20. QB Matt Hasselbeck, Titans
21. TE Brandon Myers, Raiders
22. RB Daniel Thomas, Dolphins
23. K Blair Walsh, Vikings
24. WR Leonard Hankerson, Redskins
25. RB Mike Goodson, Raiders
26. RB William Powell, Cardinals
27. D/ST Cleveland Browns
28. WR Donnie Avery, Colts
29. TE Coby Fleener, Colts
30. K Nick Folk, Jets
Jay Clemons can be reached on Twitter, day or night, at @ATL_JayClemons.
What is the duplicate article?
Why is this article offensive?
Where is this article plagiarized from?
Why is this article poorly edited?