In the wake of Cedric Benson's foot injury, the Packers' Alex Green has a golden opportunity to become the club's next workhorse back.
Here's my listing of the top 30 free agents (12-team, standard-scoring leagues) heading into Week 6—a countdown that ideally values long-term viability over one week of superb stats.
Obviously, free-agent quarterbacks like Christian Ponder, Brandon Weeden, Ryan Tannehill and Kevin Kolb are the likeliest candidates for most points from Sunday to Sunday.
But I would also place an equal or higher priority on landing possible dynamos at receiver, running back and tight end ahead of a quarterback who may only draw two or three fantasy starts from this point forward.
For an in-depth slideshow of this week's top 10 waiver pickups, click here.
Top 30 Free Agents
1. RB Alex Green, Packers
2. RB LaRod Stephens-Howling, Cardinals
3. QB Christian Ponder, Vikings
4. WR Darrius Heyward-Bey, Raiders
5. TE Greg Olsen, Panthers
6. QB Brandon Weeden, Browns
7. WR Andre Roberts, Cardinals
8. RB Kendall Hunter, 49ers
9. WR Josh Gordon, Browns
10. QB Ryan Tannehill, Dolphins
11. K Sebastian Janikowski, Raiders
12. RB David Wilson, Giants
13. QB Kevin Kolb, Cardinals
14. WR Justin Blackmon, Jaguars
15. RB Jacquizz Rodgers, Falcons
16. QB Matt Hasselbeck, Titans
17. WR Reuben Randle, Giants
18. K Matt Prater, Broncos
19. RB Jackie Battle, Chargers
20. WR Nate Burleson, Lions
21. WR Kendall Wright, Titans
22. K Connor Barth, Buccaneers
23. D/ST Miami Dolphins
24. TE Jermaine Gresham, Bengals
25. WR Devery Henderson, Saints
26. WR Jeremy Kerley, Jets
27. TE Scott Chandler, Bills
28. RB Robert Turbin, Seahawks
29. QB Mark Sanchez, Jets
30. RB Shaun Draughn, Chiefs
Jay Clemons can be reached on Twitter, day or night, at @ATL_JayClemons.