Fantasy Football Week 5: Last-Minute Top 15 Quarterback Rankings
The St. Louis Rams came out firing on Thursday night, throwing their way down the field on the first drive of the game to put a seven on the board against the Arizona Cardinals. Quarterback Sam Bradford ended up contributing another seven to the box score.
Completions, that is.
Bradford threw 21 passes, completing just one-third of them and throwing an interception, but he was still the higher-scoring fantasy quarterback on the evening. He threw for two touchdowns and 141 yards.
Arizona’s Kevin Kolb threw for 289 yards, but no scores (or interceptions) as he chucked the ball 50 times and was harassed by the Rams defense.
Here’s to better fantasy QB play in Week 5.
Robert Griffin III and Matt Ryan should be involved in one of the league’s most enticing offensive matchups when the Atlanta Falcons visit the Washington Redskins.
Each offensive unit’s strength is the weakness of the opposing defensive unit, so it will be interesting to see how (or if) the teams go about stopping one another.
Atlanta has had trouble stopping the run, while the Redskins have had issues defending the pass.
Of course, Washington has a mobile quarterback in RGIII and the Falcons have a nasty WR tandem in Julio Jones and Roddy White.
Aaron Rodgers will be on the road at Indianapolis to take on the Colts, who will be down a couple of their cornerbacks. That allows for the absence of Greg Jennings in Week 5 to hurt a little less.
Peyton Manning will have to prove that he can come up with big performances on the road, but with Tom Brady on the other sideline he’s likely going to have to for the Denver Broncos to have a chance to defeat the New England Patriots.
Here’s the full top-15 fantasy quarterback list entering Sunday of NFL Week 5.
1. Robert Griffin III, Washington Redskins (vs. Atlanta Falcons)
2. Aaron Rodgers, Green Bay Packers (at Indianapolis Colts)
3. Matt Ryan, Atlanta Falcons (at Washington Redskins)
4. Drew Brees, New Orleans Saints (vs. San Diego Chargers)
5. Eli Manning, New York Giants (vs. Cleveland Browns)
6. Philip Rivers, San Diego Chargers (at New Orleans Saints)
7. Peyton Manning, Denver Broncos (at New England Patriots)
8. Joe Flacco, Baltimore Ravens (at Kansas City Chiefs)
9. Tom Brady, New England Patriots (vs. Denver Broncos)
10. Andy Dalton, Cincinnati Bengals (vs. Miami Dolphins)
11. Cam Newton, Carolina Panthers (vs. Seattle Seahawks)
12. Christian Ponder, Minnesota Vikings (vs. Tennessee Titans)
13. Ben Roethlisberger, Pittsburgh Steelers (vs. Philadelphia Eagles)
14. Michael Vick, Philadelphia Eagles (at Pittsburgh Steelers)
15. Matt Schaub, Houston Texans (at New York Jets)
You can find me on Twitter for more fantasy football advice throughout the week: Follow @StatManJ.
What is the duplicate article?
Why is this article offensive?
Where is this article plagiarized from?
Why is this article poorly edited?