NFL Power Rankings: Ranking Teams After Week 3 and 10 Random Thoughts
It was another forgettable week for the replacement refs—shocking, I know.
The backup zebras missed an unbelievably blatant blow to the head on Raiders' Darrius Heyward-Bey that caused him be carted off the field and transported to the hospital. The refs should be fined along with Ryan Mundy.
We saw the Saints go down in flames yet again while the mighty 49ers stumbled against a rising Vikings team.
There are only three undefeated teams after Week 3—Texans, Falcons and Cardinals. Time will tell if they can continue separating themselves from the rest of the NFL.
Oh yeah. I almost forgot about the most controversial play in NFL history. The Packers were snubbed!
Here are ten things I think after a superb Week 3 of football.
1. Sean Payton is the early favorite to win Coach of the Year. The Saints look bamboozled against a weak Chiefs team. They allowed fantasy owners of Jamaal Charles leap for joy for sticking with him. Next week will be another incredibly difficult matchup when they face the Packers at Lambeau Field. Who would've thought the Saints would start 0-4?
2. J.J. Watt is the best 3-4 defensive end in the NFL. He recorded 2.5 sacks on Peyton Manning, bringing his total to six for the year. He'll be a favorite to win AFC Defensive Player of the Week, as he did last week.
3. The Pittsburgh Steelers have to be embarrassed. They lost to a Raiders team that was ransacked by a miserable Dolphins team. Back to the drawing board, Mike Tomlin.
4. Shaun Hill proved that he is capable of running an NFL offense. After replacing Matthew Stafford, Hill went 10-of-13 for 172 yards and two touchdowns. If Stafford sits in Week 4, pick up Hill and start him in your fantasy game.
5. The New York Jets beat Miami in overtime but lost Darrelle Revis for the season with a torn ACL. The Jets will struggle for a .500 record.
6. Sympathies to Torrey Smith, whose younger brother, Tevin, was killed in a motorcycle accident. Smith honored his brother in the best way he knew how. He caught six passes for 127 yards, including two touchdowns.
7. Can we please get rid of these "referees?" They are starting to endanger player safety.
8. Right now, Eli Manning is the best quarterback in the NFL. His attack on the Panthers defense was lethal. I don't know if any defense can stop him or his wide receiver threats.
9. Andy Reid should consider benching Michael Vick in favor of rookie Nick Foles. Vick could get nothing going on offense versus the Cardinals defense, only completing 45 percent of his passes. Instead of throwing interceptions, Vick lost two fumbles while being sacked five times.
10. A moment of silence for NFL Films President Steve Sabol. He will never be forgotten.
Week 3 Power Rankings
- Houston Texans
- Atlanta Falcons
- San Francisco 49ers
- Green Bay Packers
- New York Giants
- Arizona Cardinals
- Baltimore Ravens
- New England Patriots
- Cincinnati Bengals
- Detroit Lions
- Denver Broncos
- Pittsburgh Steelers
- Chicago Bears
- Philadelphia Eagles
- Dallas Cowboys
- Buffalo Bills
- Washington Redskins
- Tennessee Titans
- St. Louis Rams
- Minnesota Vikings
- Kansas City Chiefs
- San Diego Chargers
- Carolina Panthers
- Seattle Seahawks
- Tampa Bay Buccaneers
- New Orleans Saints
- Jacksonville Jaguars
- Indianapolis Colts
- New York Jets
- Oakland Raiders
- Miami Dolphins
- Cleveland Browns
What is the duplicate article?
Why is this article offensive?
Where is this article plagiarized from?
Why is this article poorly edited?