Over the past three weeks, Broncos receiver Demaryius Thomas has been about as good as it gets.
Although he did not score a touchdown last week, he finished with his second 100-yard game in the past three weeks, and has had double-digit fantasy points in each of those three games. During that span, Thomas has a total of 18 receptions for 338 and three touchdowns.
Only three receivers in the NFL have more than 300 receiving yards in the past three weeks: Thomas (338), New York's Hakeem Nicks (324) and Detroit's Calvin Johnson (312).
Meanwhile, teammate Eric Decker has a total of seven receptions for 80 yards and no touchdowns in his past three games. Before that three-game stretch, Decker did not have big reception or yardage totals, but scored in four of five games.
This week, the Broncos face the Bills, who have allowed nine touchdowns to wide receivers from Weeks 9 to 15.
Here are some notes on wide receivers that will play in Week 16:
- After a couple of sub-par performances, Lions receiver Calvin Johnson came through for fantasy owners with nine receptions for a career-high 214 yards and two touchdowns. Before last week's game, Megatron had only one touchdown in his previous five games.
- In his past five games, Falcons receiver Roddy White has three 100-yard games and a total of 38 receptions for 537 yards and five touchdowns. As a comparison, White had a line of 47-563-3 in first nine games this season. White, who has scored in four straight games, plays on Monday Night Football against the Saints in a matchup that will likely decide many fantasy championships.
- Since Cowboys receiver Miles Austin has returned from injury, the trio of Austin, Dez Bryant and Laurent Robinson have scored touchdowns in back-to-back games. Robinson has scored in seven of eight games and has a total of nine touchdowns during that span.
- Giants receiver Victor Cruz had five receptions for 44 yards last week. It was only the second time since his Week 3 breakout performance that he had less than five fantasy points in a game. Assuming that Darrelle Revis shadows Hakeem Nicks, Cruz should bounce back this week, although he has not scored in his past three games.
- Baltimore's Torrey Smith has four games with scores and double-digit fantasy points in his past seven games. On the other hand, Smith has three or less fantasy points in his other three games during that span. This week, the Ravens face the Browns, who held Smith to one reception for 32 yards in their first matchup.
- Redskins receiver Jabar Gaffney has one game over his past five games that is easy (or that he'd like) to forget: his zero-catch performance against the Jets. Excluding that disappearing act, Gaffney has at least five receptions and 72 yards in his other four games during that span.
- Rams receiver Brandon Lloyd has been kept out of the endzone for three straight games after scoring in three straight games. Going against the Steelers, who have allowed the fewest fantasy points to opposing receivers this season, it is unlikely that Lloyd reverses the trend.
- It seemed as though second-year receiver Mike Williams was turning things around. From Week 11 to 13, the Bucs receiver had 83-plus yards every week and scored twice. Since then, however, Williams followed up his 3-for-35 performance with a goose egg (no receptions for obviously no yards) on the "special Saturday-night edition" of Thursday Night Football.
- Bengals rookie receiver A.J. Green became the first rookie receiver to reach 1,000 receiving yards since Saints receiver Marques Colston did it in 2006. For the fourth time this season, Green finished with 100-plus receiving yards last week, but he is dealing with a sprained shoulder. That said, he expects to play through the injury.
Here are our top 60 fantasy wide receivers for Week 16 (standard-scoring):
1. Calvin Johnson, Lions (vs SD)
2. Wes Welker, Patriots (vs MIA)
3. Roddy White, Falcons (at NO)
4. Brandon Marshall, Dolphins (at NE)
5. Larry Fitzgerald, Cardinals (at CIN)
6. Vincent Jackson, Chargers (at DET)
7. Steve Smith, Panthers (vs TB)
8. Marques Colston, Saints (vs ATL)
9. Mike Wallace, Steelers (vs STL)
10. Jordy Nelson, Packers (vs CHI)
11. Miles Austin, Cowboys (vs PHI)
12. Hakeem Nicks, Giants (at NYJ)
13. Julio Jones, Falcons (at NO)
14. A.J. Green, Bengals (vs ARI)
15. Victor Cruz, Giants (at NYJ)
16. Percy Harvin, Vikings (at WAS)
17. Santana Moss, Redskins (vs MIN)
18. Dez Bryant, Cowboys (vs PHI)
19. Antonio Brown, Steelers (vs STL)
20. Demaryius Thomas, Broncos (at BUF)
21. Laurent Robinson, Cowboys (vs PHI)
22. Dwayne Bowe, Chiefs (vs OAK)
23. Stevie Johnson, Bills (vs DEN)
24. Santonio Holmes, Jets (vs NYG)
25. Jabar Gaffney, Redskins (vs MIN)
26. Lance Moore, Saints (vs ATL)
27. Jeremy Maclin, Eagles (at DAL)
28. DeSean Jackson, Eagles (at DAL)
29. Michael Crabtree, 49ers (at SEA)
30. Nate Washington, Titans (vs JAX)
31. Torrey Smith, Ravens (vs CLE)
32. Mario Manningham, Giants (at NYJ)
33. Anquan Boldin, Ravens (vs CLE)
34. Darrius Heyward-Bey, Raiders (at KC)
35. Brandon Lloyd, Rams (at PIT)
36. Mike Williams, Buccaneers (at CAR)
37. C.J. Spiller, Bills (vs DEN)
38. Malcom Floyd, Chargers (at DET)
39. Plaxico Burress, Jets (vs NYG)
40. James Jones, Packers (vs CHI)
41. Nate Burleson, Lions (vs SD)
42. Pierre Garcon, Colts (vs HOU)
43. Reggie Wayne, Colts (vs HOU)
44. Doug Baldwin, Seahawks (vs SF)
45. Eric Decker, Broncos (at BUF)
46. Damian Williams, Titans (vs JAX)
47. Greg Little, Browns (at BAL)
48. Donald Driver, Packers (vs CHI)
49. Titus Young, Lions (vs SD)
50. David Nelson, Bills (vs DEN)
51. Deion Branch, Patriots (vs MIA)
52. Kevin Walter, Texans (at IND)
53. Denarius Moore, Raiders (at KC)
54. Golden Tate, Seahawks (vs SF)
55. Jerome Simpson, Bengals (vs ARI)
56. Andre Roberts, Cardinals (at CIN)
57. Devin Aromashodu, Vikings (at WAS)
58. Randall Cobb, Packers (vs CHI)
59. Early Doucet, Cardinals (at CIN)
60. Robert Meachem, Saints (vs ATL)
If you're in a point-per-reception (PPR) league, here are our wide receiver PPR rankings for Week 16.
For more positions and/or flex rankings, visit our fantasy section.
Good luck in Week 16!