NFL Power Rankings Week 12: Every Team as a Famous Landmark
Oftentimes, the buildings we humans erect convey just as much personality as the people who built them.
Some of them are awe-inspiring.
The Taj Mahal.
Others are infamous.
Could it be the same with football teams?
Granted, rosters do change from year to year, and often within the same season, in fact, but many NFL franchises have still managed to maintain a consistent personality across generations, and, just like the varied edifices that also occupy our planet, every single one of them has been gradually built from the ground up, too.
Both take careful planning, hard work and precise execution in order to be successful, and both by definition exist with the inherent danger of completely collapsing at any given time if the conditions are just right.
In this edition of NFL Power Rankings, we’ll pay tribute to the reputation each team has carved by comparing them to the landmark structures they most closely resemble, considering equally in every case, both their current state and their historical franchise image.
Whether your favorite team’s a skyscraper or just some crumbling, abandoned warehouse makes no difference.
There’s still only one way to find out.
32. Indianapolis Colts (0-10)/Fort Knox
31. St. Louis Rams (2-8)/Epcot
30. Minnesota Vikings (2-8)/Caesars Palace
29. Cleveland Browns (4-6)/Columbia Carousel
Constant movement with these two, but neither is going anywhere anytime soon.
28. Kansas City Chiefs (4-6)/Niagara Falls
Always just a few steps away from completely dropping off.
27. Arizona Cardinals (3-7)/The "Brady Bunch" House
26. Washington Redskins (3-7)/U.S. Capitol Building
25. Jacksonville Jaguars/Playboy Mansion
24. Carolina Panthers/GM Renaissance Center
23. Seattle Seahawks (4-6)/Nebraska State Capitol
Both look better than they really are by comparison to their lackluster surroundings.
22. Miami Dolphins (3-7)/Studio 54
21. Philadelphia Eagles (4-6)/Leaning Tower of Pisa
These two may be interesting to look at, but something always seems a little off.
20. San Diego Chargers (4-6)/Fort Sumter
Once a force to be reckoned with, today’s versions are really just for show.
19. Buffalo Bills (5-5)/Amityville Horror House
18. Tampa Bay Buccaneers (4-6)/One World Trade Center
17. Denver Broncos (5-5)/Mahabodhi Temple
Don’t let their simple exteriors fool you; these two have both been known to foster miracles.
16. Tennessee Titans (5-5)/The Alamo
14. New York Jets (5-5)/The Jersey Shore House
13. Oakland Raiders (6-4)/Three Mile Island
12. Atlanta Falcons (6-4) /Eiffel Tower
Elaborately built, but noticeably hollow.
11. New England Patriots (7-3)/New York Stock Exchange
10. Chicago Bears (7-3)/Great Wall of China
9. New York Giants (6-4)/Washington Monument
7. Dallas Cowboys (6-4)/Statue of Liberty
These two American icons both sell the hottest tickets in town.
6. Detroit Lions (7-3)/Space Needle
5. Pittsburgh Steelers (7-3)/Hoover Dam
No matter how often they’re challenged, these two never seem to budge.