Fantasy Football Week 10 Rankings: Wide Receivers
For the first time since Week 1, Thursday Night Football returns and the Chargers will host the Raiders tonight.
One of the players who has been frustrating for many fantasy owners is San Diego wide receiver Vincent Jackson.
While he has a ton of talent and his overall numbers suggest that he is having a strong season, he has been boom or bust throughout the season.
Jackson has 34 receptions for 613 yards and six touchdowns through eight games. Therefore, double that amount (or his 16-game pace) is 68 receptions for 1,226 yards and 12 touchdowns. Those would all be season highs, although he also had 68 receptions in 2009.
That said, Jackson has three games with double-digit fantasy points including last week's 141-yard performance with three touchdowns. But he also has four games with less than five fantasy points.
The Raiders have allowed the ninth-most fantasy points to opposing wide receivers, so perhaps he can build some momentum here as fantasy teams make their push toward the postseason. Or not.
Here are some notes on wide receivers that will play in Week 10:
- Philadelphia's DeSean Jackson is on pace for another 1,000-yard season (503 yards through eight games), but the way he may get there is frustrating to fantasy owners. While he has the potential for a 171-yard game like in Week 4, he has 31 yards or less in four of his eight games this season.
- Since having back-to-back games with 125-plus yards and two touchdowns, Colts receiver Pierre Garcon has had four consecutive games with no touchdowns and 66 yards or less.
- Teammate Reggie Wayne has not scored since Week 1 and has had single-digit fantasy points every week since then.
- Detroit's Calvin Johnson has 100-plus yards in four straight games and in five of his last six. Megatron has scored in every game but one and has had 88 receiving yards or more in every game but one.
- With Miles Austin out for the next two to four weeks with a hamstring injury, Cowboys receiver Laurent Robinson, who was on our waiver-wire list for this week, should see an increase in his targets. Robinson has scored in two straight games and has 10 receptions for 135 yards in that span.
- Chiefs receiver Steve Breaston has 50-plus receiving yards in every game except one and had a season-high 115 yards last week.
- Baltimore's Anquan Boldin has his three best performances of the season in his previous four games. During that span, Boldin has 26 receptions for 405 yards and a touchdown.
- After back-to-back big games, Saints receiver Marques Colston has been held in check. In Weeks 6 and 7, Colston had 14 receptions for 216 yards and three touchdowns. In Weeks 8 and 9, Colston has eight receptions for 102 yards and no touchdowns.
- Jets receiver Santonio Holmes has scored a touchdown in three of four games. That's the good news. The bad news is he has had 33 receiving yards or less four games and has a season high of only 70 yards.
- Tampa Bay receiver Mike Williams has a season-high six receptions in three straight games, however, he has not scored since Week 1 and has never had more than 75 receiving yards in a game this season.
Here are our top 60 fantasy wide receivers for Week 10 (standard-scoring):
1. Calvin Johnson, Lions (at CHI)
2. Steve Smith, Panthers (vs TEN)
3. Greg Jennings, Packers (vs MIN)
4. Mike Wallace, Steelers (at CIN)
5. Wes Welker, Patriots (at NYJ)
6. Dez Bryant, Cowboys (vs BUF)
7. Vincent Jackson, Chargers (vs OAK)
8. Jeremy Maclin, Eagles (vs ARI)
9. Roddy White, Falcons (vs NO)
10. Hakeem Nicks, Giants (at SF)
11. Stevie Johnson, Bills (at DAL)
12. Dwayne Bowe, Chiefs (vs DEN)
13. Brandon Marshall, Dolphins (vs WAS)
14. A.J. Green, Bengals (vs PIT)
15. Larry Fitzgerald, Cardinals (at PHI)
16. Julio Jones, Falcons (vs NO)
17. Anquan Boldin, Ravens (at SEA)
18. Marques Colston, Saints (at ATL)
19. DeSean Jackson, Eagles (vs ARI)
20. Santonio Holmes, Jets (vs NE)
21. Jordy Nelson, Packers (vs MIN)
22. Mario Manningham, Giants (at SF)
23. Brandon Lloyd, Rams (at CLE)
24. Andre Johnson, Texans (at TB)
25. Victor Cruz, Giants (at SF)
26. Sidney Rice, Seahawks (vs BAL)
27. Antonio Brown, Steelers (at CIN)
28. Plaxico Burress, Jets (vs NE)
29. Pierre Garcon, Colts (vs JAX)
30. Michael Crabtree, 49ers (vs NYG)
31. Mike Williams, Buccaneers (vs HOU)
32. Laurent Robinson, Cowboys (vs BUF)
33. Percy Harvin, Vikings (at GB)
34. Reggie Wayne, Colts (vs JAX)
35. Eric Decker, Broncos (at KC)
36. James Jones, Packers (vs MIN)
37. Nate Washington, Titans (at CAR)
38. Deion Branch, Patriots (at NYJ)
39. Torrey Smith, Ravens (at SEA)
40. Steve Breaston, Chiefs (vs DEN)
41. Lance Moore, Saints (at ATL)
42. Earl Bennett, Bears (vs DET)
43. Jabar Gaffney, Redskins (at MIA)
44. Greg Little, Browns (vs STL)
45. Jacoby Ford, Raiders (at SD)
46. Kevin Walter, Texans (at TB)
47. Jerome Simpson, Bengals (vs PIT)
48. Doug Baldwin, Seahawks (vs BAL)
49. Denarius Moore, Raiders (at SD)
50. Mike Thomas, Jaguars (at IND)
51. David Nelson, Bills (at DAL)
52. Early Doucet, Cardinals (at PHI)
53. Darrius Heyward-Bey, Raiders (at SD)
54. Jason Hill, Jaguars (at IND)
55. Jon Baldwin, Chiefs (vs DEN)
56. Michael Jenkins, Vikings (at GB)
57. Demaryius Thomas, Broncos (at KC)
58. Nate Burleson, Lions (at CHI)
59. Jacoby Jones, Texans (at TB)
60. Braylon Edwards, 49ers (vs NYG)
If you're in a point-per-reception (PPR) league, here are our wide receiver PPR rankings for Week 10.
For more positions and/or flex rankings, visit our fantasy section.
Good luck in Week 10!
What is the duplicate article?
Why is this article offensive?
Where is this article plagiarized from?
Why is this article poorly edited?