After a highly successful “Fans' Mock” here at B/R in 2010, we’re returning for our second go-round to once again give our fans a chance to vote for who they think their team should select in the first round of the 2011 NFL Draft!
The Jaguars surprised a lot of people when they drafted Cal defensive tackle Tyson Alualu ninth overall in last year’s draft, but they seem to know what they’re doing in building their team and have no problems making the moves that they feel are right.
That being said, it’s tough to predict who Jacksonville will take in this year’s draft as well. My money is on a defensive end to pair with Alualu, but I’d much rather hear the input of the fans.
So who’s it gonna be? You tell us!
Here are the selections so far:
1. Carolina Panthers select CB Patrick Peterson
2. Denver Broncos Select DT Marcell Dareus
3. Buffalo Bills Select OLB Von Miller
4. Cincinnati Bengals select DE Da’Quan Bowers
5. Arizona Cardinals select QB Blaine Gabbert
6. Cleveland Browns select WR AJ Green
7. San Francisco 49ers select CB Prince Amukamara
8. Tennessee Titans select DT Nick Fairley
9. Dallas Cowboys select OT Tyron Smith
10. Washington Redskins select DE Robert Quinn
11. Houston Texans select DE Cameron Jordan
12. Minnesota Vikings select QB Jake Locker
13. Detroit Lions select OT Anthony Castonzo
14. St. Louis Rams select WR Julio Jones
15. Miami Dolphins select QB Cam Newton
Remember to cast you votes below! Voting will close in 24 hours!
The Rules: Each day for the next 32 days, we’ll post a continuation of this article at 6 p.m. Eastern time where the fans can comment, discuss, and decide who their team will pick.
At 5 p.m. Eastern the following day, we’ll look at the best comments and opinions and announce the selection your team has made, along with the next team who will pick at 6 p.m. A list of previous selections will be included and fans will not be allowed to vote for players who are already off the board.
Note: You do not have to use the player’s full name in voting for your vote to count. If there is a tie at the 5 p.m. cut-off, whichever player is ranked as the higher pick on CBS sports' "overall player ranking" will be the selection.
Example: If the Bills have six votes for Von Miller and six votes for Cam Newton, then Miller, who is ranked No. 2 overall, would be the selection over Newton, who is ranked No. 11.
Like the new article format? Send us feedback!