After a highly successful “Fans' Mock” here at B/R in 2010, we’re returning for our second go-round to once again give our fans a chance to vote for who they think their team should select in the first round of the 2011 NFL draft.
Rams fans can stop biting their nails, as it’s finally their turn to step up to the podium, and yes, in this scenario, their guy is still there.
I have a feeling I know how this one will go, but I’ve been caught off guard in the past, so I wouldn’t be too surprised here.
Sam Bradford was outstanding in 2010. He is the best quarterback to come out of the draft since Aaron Rodgers, except that Bradford didn’t have the luxury to study under a Hall of Famer for three years.
Roger Saffold was also a huge success at left tackle and the team as a whole played surprisingly well.
So who would you add to your team to help them take the next step?
Here are the selections so far:
1. Carolina Panthers select CB Patrick Peterson
2. Denver Broncos Select DT Marcell Dareus
3. Buffalo Bills Select OLB Von Miller
4. Cincinnati Bengals select DE Da’Quan Bowers
5. Arizona Cardinals select QB Blaine Gabbert
6. Cleveland Browns select WR AJ Green
7. San Francisco 49ers select CB Prince Amukamara
8. Tennessee Titans select DT Nick Fairley
9. Dallas Cowboys select OT Tyron Smith
10. Washington Redskins select DE Robert Quinn
11. Houston Texans select DE Cameron Jordan
12. Minnesota Vikings select QB Jake Locker
13. Detroit Lions select OT Anthony Castonzo
So who’s it gonna be? You tell us!
Remember to cast you votes below! Voting will close in 24 hours!
The Rules: Each day for the next 32 days, we’ll post a continuation of this article at 6 p.m. EST where the fans can comment, discuss and decide who their team will pick.
At 5 p.m. EST the following day, we’ll look at the best comments and opinions and announce the selection your team has made, along with the next team who will pick at 6 p.m. A list of previous selections will be included and fans will not be allowed to vote for players who are already off the board.
Note: You do not have to use the player’s full name in voting for your vote to count. If there is a tie at the 5 p.m. cutoff, whichever player is ranked as the higher pick on CBS sports' "overall player ranking" will be the selection.
Example: If the Bills have six votes for Von Miller and six votes for Cam Newton, then Miller, who is ranked No. 2 overall, would be the selection over Newton, who is ranked No. 11.