- C- Humberto Quintero- 7
- 1B- Brett Wallace- 7
- 2B- Bill Hall- 7
- SS- Clint Barmes- 7
- 3B- Chris Johnson- 7.25
Humberto Quintero (31) 265 AB .234 BA 13 R 4 HR 20 RBI 0 SB
- The original starter Jason Castro is out the next six to eight months with a torn ACL. J.R.Towles will see time at catcher as well.
Brett Wallace (24) 144 AB .222 BA 14 R 2 HR 13 RBI 0 SB
- The highly coveted prospect has been traded to three different teams in the last two years.
- He likes the ball up in the strike zone. He needs to be able to hit consistently because he struggles in the field.
Bill Hall (31) 344 AB .247 BA 44 R 18 HR 46 RBI 9 SB
- Hall hasn’t been a regular starter the past couple of years. He’s dangerous at the plate, but he’s just adequate in the field. He does have a strong arm.
Clint Barmes (32) 387 AB .235 BA 43 R 8 HR 50 RBI 3 SB
- Away from the friendly confines of Coors Field, Barmes has a career .224/.266/.352 line. Then again, Houston’s ballpark is pretty friendly as well.
Chris Johnson (26) 341 AB .308 BA 40 R 11 HR 52 RBI 3 SB
Johnson bursted onto the scene last season. We’ll see how if the pitchers adjust this season because he’s known to chase balls. He needs to work the count more.