After writing the article breaking down each franchise's Hall of Very Good, it made me wonder what a Yankees roster of just Hall of Very Good players would look like.
The Yankees history is full of Hall of Famers but I do believe a pretty good lineup could be made from the almost Hall of Famers.
To do this, I came up with the following criteria:
- player can't be in the Hall of Fame
- if an active player, that player can't be bound for the Hall of Fame (or would be if PED use wasn't verified/suspected)
- player must have played for the Yankees for a minimum of three seasons
- only stats for the Yankees can be considered
- try to use each player in the position they played the most games for their career at (this is my article, so I reserve the right to ignore this if I have to!).
As always, if you think I picked the wrong player, please tell me why. You never know, if you make a strong enough case I just might change my mind!
Let's start behind the plate with catcher.