First, it will be coming from the press box at FedEx Field. I've been sitting there for every home game every season but one since 2001, doing work for Warpath and for WarpathInsiders.com. My live blog will be simul-blogged (I'm afraid that I just invented a new buzzword) here on RealRedskins.com and on WarpathInsiders.com.
While I enjoy sitting in the press box, especially when it's particularly hot or particularly cold or particularly wet outside, the game itself isn't the fun part of the experience. That comes after the game ends and I go to the coach's press conference and then into the locker room and ask the head coach or any available player any question that I want. It was pretty neat the last three years to have a Hall of Fame coach look me in the eye and reply to my questions. Or to be able to roam the locker room and ask the players, still emotionally charged and carrying fresh wounds from the field of play, the questions that I never heard asked by the rest of the media.
This week, you'll get a chance to ask the questions you want answered.
Not from the interview room or the locker room, of course, but via email.
During the game, I'll put up an email address to which you can send your questions for any player or for Jim Zorn. I'll do my best to ask that player or ask Zorn your question. On Friday, I'll post an article with the answers to your questions.
That sounds pretty simple and it is, but there are a few ground rules:
- One question per person
- Include your name (first name, screen name, name you use when you comment here)
- Keep the questions related to the game and, in this case, the upcoming game.
- Keep the questions brief.
- The earlier you get your question to me, the better the chances are that it will be answered. If something happens in the third quarter, the take a second during a commercial break to fire your question out to me.
- Cell phones don't work well down in the bowels of FedEx Field. After about five minutes after the end of the game, the chances of me getting your question are slim.
Certainly, if this works out and is fun and interesting, I'll continue it into the regular season.
See you Thursday. Again, I'll have the email address for your questions posted with the live blog article.