November 3, 2016
Jim McIsaac/Getty Images
- Jayson Stark reports that the Los Angeles Dodgers have acquired Ted Lilly and Ryan Theriot from the Chicago Cubs for Blake DeWitt , Brett Wallach , and Kyle Smith . The Cubs wanted Josh Thole from the Mets for Lilly and the Mets didn't want to part with him…can't blame them.
- Jon Heyman reports that the Mets offered the Cubs Oliver Perez and Luis Castillo for Carlos Zambrano , but the Cubs turned it down because they didn't want Castillo. Does that mean they wanted Perez? Because they can have him.
- The St. Louis Cardinals, San Diego Padres and Cleveland Indians pulled off a three-way deal today. Jake Westbrook (CLE) and Nick Greenwood (SAN) go to the Cardinals, the Padres get Ryan Ludwick (STL), and the Indians get prospect Corey Kluber (SAN). The Indians send cash to the Cardinals and some cash to the Padres, but they still save money in the deal.
- FOX Sports reports that the Pittsburgh Pirates and the Arizona Diamondbacks completed a five-player deal. Arizona sends catcher Chris Snyder , minor league prospect Pedro Ciriaco , and $3MM to the Pirates for reliever D.J. Carrasco , Bobby Crosby , and ex-Met Ryan Church .
- Buster Olney reports that the New York Yankees acquired Kerry Wood from the Indians for a player to be named later or cash. The Yankees are picking up $1.5M of the $3.71M left on Wood's contract. The Yankees will also pay Wood $200K if he can stay healthy. To make room for Wood the Yankees designated Chan Ho Park for assignment.
- Dan Connolly reports that the Florida Marlins have acquired Will Ohman from the Baltimore Orioles for Nick VandenHurk .
- Brian McTaggart reports that the Houston Astros are close to a multi-year deal with Brett Myers . The Astros wanted Josh Thole and Bobby Parnell from the Mets for Myers.
- The Atlanta Braves acquired outfielder Wilkin Ramirez from the Detroit Tigers for a player to be named later or cash considerations.
- Jayson Stark reports the Dodgers have acquired Octavio Dotel from the Pirates for Andrew Lambo. The Pirates wanted Robert Carson from the Mets for Dotel.
- Rob Bradford reports that the Boston Red Sox traded Ramon Ramirez to the San Francisco Giants for Daniel Turpen.
Like the new article format? Send us feedback!