Cody Parkey, K, Auburn (HT: 6'0¼" WT: 189 lbs)
|Senior Bowl Weigh In|
|6002||189||29 5/8"||9 3/4"|
- Consistent accuracy on short field goals.
- Quick approach and gets consistent height on his extra points—just two career extra point misses.
- Showed consistent improvement on kickoffs, demonstrating legitimate NFL leg strength during his senior year.
- Has displayed accuracy with his placement of onside kicks.
- Three-year starter with plenty of experience in clutch situations.
- Limited leg strength—just one career 50-yard field goal on four attempts.
- Overall accuracy adequate but not elite—never made more than 78 percent of his attempts in a single season.
- Deep accuracy has been inconsistent throughout his career—connected on just 15 of 26 career field goal attempts beyond 40 yards.
- Limited experience kicking in cold weather—played in the SEC and played high school football in Florida.
- No. 1-ranked high school kicker by ESPN in 2010 recruiting class.
- Ranked by Rivals as most accurate kicker in 2010 recruiting class.
- Participated in Senior Bowl.
Parkey will draw interest from NFL teams due to his performance on kickoffs, after ranking third in the nation on touchback percentage in 2013. However, his leg strength has yet to translate into field goals, as he's made just one kick beyond 50 yards and shown inconsistent accuracy from beyond 40. He'll need to show significant improvement on his deep field goal accuracy in order to earn a starting job in 2014.
Draft Projection: 7th-UDFA
Like the new article format? Send us feedback!