Jarvis Landry, WR, LSU (HT: 5'11", WT: 205)
|5'11"||205||31 3/4"||10 1/4"|
|40-Yard Dash||Bench Press||Vertical||Broad Jump||3-Cone Drill||Shuttle|
- Adequate height with a decent overall build.
- Excels on underneath routes.
- Ran a lot of short in-and-out routes at LSU, and has the hands to handle quick throws in tight spaces from that distance.
- Has the tools to be an ideal possession receiver in the slot.
- A tough runner who will fight for extra yardage.
- A strong route runner, who has a good feel for timing and depth of his routes.
- Became a safety net for Zach Mettenberger.
- Ideal hands for a slot receiver.
- He catches the ball away from his body and quickly secures the football before turning upfield.
- Shows great awareness on the field, adjusting to find the soft spots underneath zone coverage, which helped him become a reliable check-down option at LSU.
- Extremely productive despite never really being the focal point of LSU's passing attack.
- Led team in receptions as a sophomore despite starting just one game.
- A willing blocker who looks to deliver big hits to unsuspecting defensive backs and linebackers.
- Route running is consistent, but he lacks the quickness and fluidity in his movements to shake free from most defensive backs, struggles to get separation.
- With limited agility and modest straight-line speed, he'll struggle to get over the top of defenses at the next level.
- He can be shut down by press coverage due to his limited size and lack of agility and footwork to shake free from defenders in tight spaces.
- Has the speed to break off some big plays when given a lane to run, but he isn't a threat to make guys miss and create something out of nothing after the catch.
- Inconsistent use of his body to shield defensive backs on contested targets.
- He doesn't have a big frame, but he could still improve his technique to improve his ability to come down with catches in traffic.
- 2013 All SEC second team selection.
- Brother, Gerard, played receiver at Southern University.
- Related to former LSU defensive lineman Glenn Dorsey.
- Five-star recruit and fourth-ranked wide receiver by Rivals.