The past two years have given us some of the most productive rookie seasons in fantasy football history.
Some impressive point totals from rookies over the past two years (via NFL.com) include:
- Panthers QB Cam Newton, 2011: 369.3 fantasy points
- Falcons WR Julio Jones, 2011: 147.5 fantasy points
- Redskins QB Robert Griffin III, 2012: 318.6 fantasy points
- Colts QB Andrew Luck, 2012: 276.5 fantasy points
- Buccaneers RB Doug Martin, 2012: 262.5 fantasy points
- Redskins RB Alfred Morris, 2012: 241 fantasy points
- Colts WR T.Y. Hilton, 2012: 131 fantasy points
This year may not produce anything like those totals, but someone could always surprise us.
Whether it's a player landing in a nourishing environment, being drafted by a team lacking a player with his specific skill set or any number of other reasons, plenty of rookies will get an opportunity to show what they're made of.
Here is a list of the rookies most likely to have a fantasy impact in 2013.