Week 16 Fantasy Football: Top 50 Wideouts in Standard-Scoring Leagues
Peter Aiken/Getty Images
Here are my top 50 wide receivers for Week 16 (standard-scoring leagues).
This countdown simply identifies the weekend's best bets for catches, total yards, touchdowns and receiving targets—a stat that must always factor into lineup strategies with receivers, tight ends and running backs.
When it comes to crafting a weekly listing of elite wide receivers, simply follow the trail of quarterbacks primed for Week 16 glory...or the wideouts with great track records against middling pass defenses.
On the injury front, Torrey Smith (concussion symptoms) and Jordy Nelson (hamstring) shall remain off the board for now.
Week 16: Top 50 Receivers
1. Brandon Marshall @ Arizona
2. Calvin Johnson vs. Atlanta
3. Demaryius Thomas vs. Cleveland
4. Wes Welker @ Jacksonville
5. Andre Johnson vs. Minnesota
6. Julio Jones @ Detroit
7. A.J. Green @ Pittsburgh
8. Reggie Wayne @ Kansas City
9. Steve Smith vs. Oakland
10. Dez Bryant vs. New Orleans
11. Steve Johnson @ Miami
12. Victor Cruz @ Baltimore
13. James Jones vs. Tennessee
14. Roddy White @ Detroit
15. Michael Crabtree @ Seattle
16. Mike Wallace vs. Cincinnati
17. Marques Colston @ Dallas
18. Vincent Jackson vs. St. Louis
19. Miles Austin vs. New Orleans
20. Eric Decker vs. Cleveland
21. Randall Cobb vs. Tennessee
22. Hakeem Nicks @ Baltimore
23. Cecil Shorts vs. New England
24. Pierre Garcon @ Philadelphia
25. Anquan Boldin vs. N.Y. Giants
26. Jeremy Maclin vs. Washington
27. Justin Blackmon vs. New England
28. Brandon Lloyd @ Jacksonville
29. Brandon Gibson @ Tampa Bay
30. Antonio Brown vs. Cincinnati
31. Lance Moore @ Dallas
32. T.Y. Hilton @ Kansas City
33. Kenny Britt @ Green Bay
34. Sidney Rice vs. San Francisco
35. Danny Amendola @ Tampa Bay
35a. Greg Jennings vs. Tennessee
36. Darrius Heyward-Bey @ Carolina (leap-of-faith pick here)
37. Josh Gordon @ Denver
38. Jeremy Kerley vs. San Diego
39. Danario Alexander @ N.Y. Jets
40. Larry Fitzgerald vs. Chicago
41. Donnie Avery @ Kansas City
42. Davone Bess vs. Buffalo
43. Malcom Floyd @ N.Y. Jets
44. Mike Williams vs. St. Louis
45. Denarius Moore @ Carolina
46. Jarius Wright @ Houston
47. Jon Baldwin vs. Indianapolis
48. Nate Washington @ Green Bay
49. Golden Tate vs. San Francisco
50. Chris Givens @ Tampa Bay
50a. Jason Avant vs. Washington
50b. Jerome Simpson @ Houston
50c. Jacoby Jones vs. N.Y. Giants
50d. Rod Streater @ Carolina
1. Brandon Marshall has scored at least one touchdown in his last five road tilts. And during that span (Weeks 4-14), the Bears wideout posted monster averages of eight catches, 117 yards and 1.4 TDs.
2. Calvin Johnson needs 182 yards to break Jerry Rice's NFL record for seasonal receiving yards (1,848 in 1995). Johnson's staggering numbers since Week 10 include three straight outings of double-digit catches, four consecutive tallies of 20-plus fantasy points (Weeks 10-13 and six straight games of double-digit targets and 100 yards receiving.
3. Michael Crabtree, currently riding a career-best streak of three games with double-digit targets, has 23 catches, 34 targets, 301 yards and two touchdowns since Week 13. The 49ers dynamo also boasts six scores in his last seven outings.
4. Here's a bad news/good news proposition involving Andre Johnson: In three games against NFC North foes this season, Johnson didn't find the end zone once. On the plus side, though, he averaged seven catches, 12 targets and 99 yards against the Bears, Lions and Packers.
5. Looking for a Week 16 guarantee? Julio Jones will score against Detroit on Saturday night. On the road this season, Jones has a seven-game track record of 41 catches, 680 yards and seven touchdowns...for elite-level averages of six catches, 97 yards and one score.
Jay Clemons can be reached on Twitter, day or night, at @ATL_JayClemons.
What is the duplicate article?
Why is this article offensive?
Where is this article plagiarized from?
Why is this article poorly edited?