Week 16 Fantasy Football: Top 40 Tailbacks in Standard-Scoring Leagues
Brian Bahr/Getty Images
Here are my top 40 running backs for championship Week 16 (standard-scoring leagues).
This countdown doesn't lean on a particular stat. It's merely an educated best guess of which rushers will tally the best combination of total yards and touchdowns this weekend.
Top 40 Backs For Week 16
1. Adrian Peterson @ Houston
2. Ray Rice vs. N.Y. Giants
3. Doug Martin vs. St. Louis
4. Alfred Morris @ Philadelphia
5. Arian Foster vs. Minnesota
6. Jamaal Charles vs. Indianapolis
7. Reggie Bush vs. Buffalo
8. Frank Gore @ Seattle
9. Marshawn Lynch vs. San Francisco
10. Chris Johnson @ Green Bay
11. Stevan Ridley @ Jacksonville
12. Trent Richardson @ Denver
13. Knowshon Moreno vs. Cleveland
14. DeMarco Murray vs. New Orleans
15. C.J. Spiller @ Miami
16. Darren McFadden @ Carolina
17. LeSean McCoy vs. Washington
18. BenJarvus Green-Ellis @ Pittsburgh
19. Matt Forte @ Arizona
20. DeAngelo Williams vs. Oakland
21. Steven Jackson @ Tampa Bay
22. Beanie Wells vs. Chicago
23. Mikel Leshoure vs. Atlanta
24. Vick Ballard @ Kansas City
25. Michael Turner @ Detroit
26. Darren Sproles @ Dallas
27. David Wilson @ Baltimore
28. Jonathan Dwyer vs. Cincinnati
29. Bilal Powell vs. San Diego
30. Alex Green vs. Tennessee
31. Montell Owens vs. New England
32. Shonn Greene vs. San Diego
33. Ahmad Bradshaw @ Baltimore
34. Ronnie Brown @ N.Y. Jets
35. Bryce Brown vs. Washington
36. Jacquizz Rodgers @ Detroit
37. Mike Tolbert vs. Oakland
38. Ben Tate vs. Minnesota
39. Joique Bell vs. Atlanta
40. Felix Jones vs. New Orleans
40a. Ronnie Hillman vs. Cleveland
40b. Mark Ingram @ Dallas
40c. Marcel Reece @ Carolina
40d. Dexter McCluster vs. Indianapolis
1. Adrian Peterson (1,812 rushing yards, 11 TDs) was a no-brainer pick at No. 1 for three reasons: He has logged eight straight games of 100-plus rushing yards. He's focused like a laser on 2,000 rushing yards—and the Palestine, Texas native will notch his first regular-season pro start in nearby Houston.
2. Against NFC East foes this season (three games), Ray Rice boasts stellar averages of 131 total yards and one touchdown per outing.
3. The Bills' odds of surrendering 270 combined rushing yards in consecutive weeks are quite long, but that shouldn't stop any fantasy owner from starting Reggie Bush in all scoring formats. With backfield mate Daniel Thomas on injured reserve, Bush (193 total yards in his last two games) should log 25 touches on Sunday.
4. In his last six outings against the Seahawks, Frank Gore has superb per-game averages of 125 total yards and 0.5 touchdowns.
5. It's too bad Jamaal Charles isn't playing at Lucas Oil Stadium this weekend. In his last four complete games played indoors (dating back to 2010), Charles has averaged an absurd 165 total yards. And of the four outings, he rolled for 101 yards against the Colts two years ago.
Jay Clemons can be reached on Twitter, day or night, at @ATL_JayClemons.
What is the duplicate article?
Why is this article offensive?
Where is this article plagiarized from?
Why is this article poorly edited?