Week 14 Fantasy Football: Top 40 Tailbacks in Standard-Scoring Leagues
Streeter Lecka/Getty Images
Here are my top 40 running backs for Week 14 (standard-scoring leagues).
This countdown doesn't lean on a particular stat. It's merely an educated best guess of which rushers will tally the best combination of total yards and touchdowns this weekend.
On the injury front, LeSean McCoy (concussion) shall remain off the board for now.
Top 40 Backs For Week 14
1. Doug Martin vs. Philadelphia
2. Trent Richardson vs. Kansas City
3. Adrian Peterson vs. Chicago
4. Bryce Brown @ Tampa Bay
5. Arian Foster @ New England
6. Ray Rice @ Washington
7. C.J. Spiller vs. St. Louis
8. Jamaal Charles @ Cleveland
9. Frank Gore vs. Miami
10. Stevan Ridley vs. Houston
11. Steven Jackson @ Buffalo
12. Michael Turner @ Carolina
13. Marshawn Lynch vs. Arizona
14. Alfred Morris vs. Baltimore
15. Chris Johnson @ Indianapolis
16. Matt Forte @ Minnesota
17. Ahmad Bradshaw vs. New Orleans
18. BenJarvus Green-Ellis vs. Dallas
19. Knowshon Moreno @ Oakland
20. DeMarco Murray @ Cincinnati
21. Fred Jackson vs. St. Louis
22. Darren McFadden vs. Denver
23. DeAngelo Williams vs. Atlanta
24. Darren Sproles @ N.Y. Giants
25. Mikel Leshoure @ Green Bay
26. Shonn Greene @ Jacksonville
27. Jonathan Dwyer vs. San Diego
28. Montell Owens vs. N.Y. Jets
29. Reggie Bush @ San Francisco
30. Marcel Reece vs. Denver
31. Alex Green vs. Detroit
32. Beanie Wells @ Seattle
33. Ryan Mathews @ Pittsburgh
34. Daniel Thomas @ San Francisco
35. Shane Vereen vs. Houston
36. Vick Ballard vs. Tennessee
37. Michael Bush @ Minnesota
38. Joique Bell @ Green Bay
39. David Wilson vs. New Orleans
40. Ben Tate @ New England
40a. Ronnie Hillman @ Oakland
40b. Pierre Thomas @ N.Y. Giants
40c. Alex Green vs. Detroit
1. Adrian Peterson, currently riding a six-game streak of 100-plus rushing yards, has averaged 107.4 total yards and one touchdown in his last seven meetings with the Bears (2008-12).
2. Perhaps I am underestimating Michael Turner's value in the rankings (No. 12). In his last eight games against the Panthers (dating back to 2008), he has superb averages of 115.4 total yards and 1.5 TDs.
3. Jamaal Charles works for fantasy gurus on two fronts: In his last four games against AFC North foes, he has averaged 119 total yards and 0.5 touchdowns. On the road this season, he's averaging 105 yards and 0.5 TDs.
4. Trent Richardson (1,166 total yards, eight TDs) has notched 110 total yards and/or one touchdown in his last five games. And in that span, he's averaging 124.3 total yards and 0.6 TDs.
5. Three rookies in the top four picks? What's the fantasy world coming to? That aside, it would be awesome to see Doug Martin (No. 3 tailback in standard-scoring leagues) and Bryce Brown (372 total yards, four TDs in Weeks 12 and 13) log 30 touches apiece on Sunday.
Jay Clemons can be reached on Twitter, day or night, at @ATL_JayClemons.
What is the duplicate article?
Why is this article offensive?
Where is this article plagiarized from?
Why is this article poorly edited?