Week 12 Fantasy Football: Top 40 Tailbacks in Standard-Scoring Leagues
Ezra Shaw/Getty Images
Here are my top 40 running backs for Week 12 (standard-scoring leagues).
This countdown doesn't lean on a particular stat. It's merely an educated best guess of which rushers will tally the best combination of total yards and touchdowns this weekend.
On the injury front, LeSean McCoy (concussion), Darren McFadden (ankle) and DeMarco Murray (foot) shall remain off the board for now.
Top 40 Backs For Week 12
1. Doug Martin vs. Atlanta
2. Ray Rice at San Diego
3. Arian Foster at Detroit
4. Adrian Peterson at Chicago
5. C.J. Spiller at Indianapolis
6. Chris Johnson at Jacksonville
7. Frank Gore at New Orleans
8. Trent Richardson vs. Pittsburgh
9. Marshawn Lynch at Miami
10. Matt Forte vs. Minnesota
11. Stevan Ridley at N.Y. Jets
12. Jamaal Charles vs. Denver
13. BenJarvus Green-Ellis vs. Oakland
14. Ryan Mathews vs. Baltimore
15. Ahmad Bradshaw vs. Green Bay
16. Shonn Greene vs. New England
17. Marcel Reece at Cincinnati
18. Alfred Morris at Dallas
19. LaRod Stephens-Howling vs. St. Louis
20. Mikel Leshoure vs. Houston
21. Felix Jones vs. Washington
22. Reggie Bush vs. Seattle
23. Steven Jackson at Arizona
24. Michael Turner at Tampa Bay
25. Ronnie Hillman at Kansas City
26. Rashard Mendenhall at Cleveland
27. Jonathan Stewart at Philadelphia
28. Darren Sproles vs. San Francisco
29. Vick Ballard vs. Buffalo
30. Fred Jackson at Indianapolis
31. Jalen Parmele vs. Tennessee
32. Bilal Powell vs. New England
33. Bryce Brown vs. Carolina
34. Daniel Thomas vs. Seattle
35. James Starks at N.Y. Giants
36. Donald Brown vs. Buffalo
37. Beanie Wells vs. St. Louis
38. Michael Bush vs. Minnesota
39. Mark Ingram vs. San Francisco
40. Christopher Ivory vs. San Francisco
40a. Kendall Hunter at New Orleans
1. Doug Martin is truly a beast among men. In his last five games, the Bucs rookie has absurdly averaged 209.5 total yards and 1.4 touchdowns. BOOM!
2. In the last two seasons, C.J. Spiller has had to finish 11 games without backfield mate Fred Jackson. In those outings, he amassed 1,296 total yards and nine touchdowns for sterling averages of 117.8 yards and 0.8 TDs. One more thing: Since Week 6, Spiller (1,059 total yards, five TDs) is a perfect 5-for-5 in racking up 100 total yards.
3. Chris Johnson (1,002 total yards, four TDs) may be peaking at the right time, but he's no mortal lock for big numbers against Jacksonville. When conveniently removing his 239-yard, two-TD demolition of the Jags from three years ago, the Titans star has five-game averages of only 79.3 total yards and 0.2 touchdowns from 2009-11.
4. In his last three outings against the Saints (including last year's playoffs), Frank Gore boasts stellar averages of 136 total yards and 0.66 touchdowns.
5. For what it's worth, Ryan Mathews has amassed 600 total yards and two touchdowns in his last five non-divisional home games (dating back to last season). As part of that, he rolled for 109 total yards and two touchdowns against the Ravens last December.
Jay Clemons can be reached on Twitter, day or night, at @ATL_JayClemons.
What is the duplicate article?
Why is this article offensive?
Where is this article plagiarized from?
Why is this article poorly edited?