Fantasy Football: Positional 'Locks' for Week 9, Plus 5 Podcasts to Follow
Justin K. Aller/Getty Images
Another weekend of NFL action, another chance for unattainable perfection in the futures market.
Week 9 Fantasy Locks
The Mission: To be informative, enlightening and 100 percent accurate each NFL weekend.
The Realistic Goal: To be informative, somewhat enlightening and accurate for 67 percent of the calls.
Quarterback: 275 Total Yards and/or 3 TD
1. Drew Brees vs. Philadelphia
2. Aaron Rodgers vs. Arizona
3. Peyton Manning @ Cincinnati
4. Matthew Stafford @ Jacksonville
5. Ben Roethlisberger @ N.Y. Giants
6. Robert Griffin III vs. Carolina
7. Andrew Luck vs. Miami
8. Michael Vick @ New Orleans (assuming he's the starter—HA!)
Running Back: 115 Total Yards and/or 2 TD
1. Arian Foster vs. Buffalo
2. Ray Rice @ Cleveland
3. LeSean McCoy @ New Orleans
4. Matt Forte @ Tennessee
5. Marshawn Lynch vs. Minnesota
6. Alfred Morris vs. Carolina
7. Ryan Mathews vs. Kansas City
8. Darren McFadden vs. Tampa Bay
9. Trent Richardson vs. Baltimore
10. Rashad Jennings vs. Detroit
Wide Receiver: 105 Total Yards and/or 1 TD
1. Calvin Johnson @ Jacksonville
2. Reggie Wayne vs. Miami
3. Roddy White vs. Dallas
4. Marques Colston vs. Philadelphia
5. Mike Wallace @ N.Y. Giants
6. A.J. Green vs. Denver
7. Brandon Marshall @ Tennessee
8. Demaryius Thomas @ Cincinnati
9. Jeremy Maclin @ New Orleans
10. Denarius Moore vs. Tampa Bay
Kicker: At Least 3 Field Goals (or 9 Points)
1. Steven Hauschka vs. Minnesota
2. Matt Bryant vs. Dallas
3. Sebastian Janikowski vs. Tampa Bay
4. Lawrence Tynes vs. Pittsburgh
5. Shayne Graham vs. Buffalo
Sleepers of the Week
QB Brandon Weeden vs. Baltimore
RB Alex Green vs. Arizona
RB Justin Forsett vs. Buffalo
WR Cecil Shorts vs. Detroit
WR Emmanuel Sanders @ N.Y. Giants
TE Dwayne Allen vs. Miami
Week 9 Dream Team
QB Drew Brees, Saints
RB Arian Foster, Texans
RB Ray Rice, Ravens
WR Reggie Wayne, Colts
WR Calvin Johnson, Lions
RB/WR LeSean McCoy, Eagles
TE Jason Witten, Cowboys
K Shayne Graham, Texans
D/ST Seattle Seahawks
Here are five podcasts to religiously follow during the NFL season, whether killing time at the office, working out at the gym...or escaping the kids (or spouse) for 45 blissful minutes of fantasy serenity.
1. ESPN—Fantasy Focus with Matthew Berry and Nate Ravitz
2. CBSSports.com—Fantasy Football with Dave Richard, Nathan Zegura and Jamey Eisenberg
3. KFAN in Minneapolis—Fantasy Football Weekly with Paul Charchian
4. RotoWire.com—Fantasy Sports Podcast featuring Chris Liss and Jeff Erickson
5. MyFoxDetroit.com—Fantasy Sports Geekly with Sean Baligian and Scott Bischoff
Jay Clemons can be reached on Twitter, day or night, at @ATL_JayClemons.
What is the duplicate article?
Why is this article offensive?
Where is this article plagiarized from?
Why is this article poorly edited?