2012 Fantasy Football Week 8: Tight End Rankings and Projections
If you’re in need of a bye week pickup at the tight end position it might be a good idea to target Jacob Tamme or Martellus Bennett. Tamme is fresh off a bye week and will be in a shootout of a game when the Saints come to Denver.
Bennett on the other hand, will face his former team for the second time this season. The first time around Bennett scored a touchdown, which was the start of three straight games where he found the end zone. Since that time, Bennett has played through a leg injury but his five receptions for 79 yards last week could be an indication he’s ready to contribute in the passing game again.
What Did We Learn From Week 7?
- Some disappointing efforts last week as Vernon Davis and Kyle Rudolph failed to haul in a reception. Both were in my top five, and it just goes to show we’ve had an up and down season out of the tight end position this year.
- Rob Gronkowski came up big for the Patriots with two touchdowns against the Jets. Gronkowski has been a little banged up this season, but he will continue to be a force in the red zone.
- Aaron Hernandez is still working his way back from an ankle injury and it shows as he appeared to be favoring his ankle at times. Still, he is a key part to what the Patriots want to do on offense and his five receptions for 54 yards make him a solid PPR option. That is typically where we should like Hernandez best as he will lose out to other options for touchdowns most weeks.
- Jermichael Finley continues to be an irrelevant player for fantasy leagues and if you have another option that is helping you weekly, feel free to drop him off your team.
Sean’s Week 8 Watch List
- Jimmy Graham failed to play against the Buccaneers, but if he suits up against the Broncos you should probably put him in the lineup. We’ve seen Hernandez play well with the same injury, but don’t be surprised if Graham is out again.
- Antonio Gates got his season going before the bye week with a two touchdown performance against the Broncos. He's heading out to Cleveland this week and faces a Browns' secondary he can take advantage of.
- Dustin Keller broke out against the Patriots and appears to be healthy after an early season injury derailed his odds of helping fantasy owners. If you're in need of help, grab him off the waiver wire and let's see if he can keep it going against the Dolphins this week.
|1||Rob Gronkowski||@ Rams|
|3||Antonio Gates||@ Browns|
|4||Tony Gonzalez||@ Eagles|
|5||Aaron Hernandez||@ Rams|
|6||Jimmy Graham (I)||@ Broncos|
|7||Vernon Davis||@ Cardinals|
|12||Martellus Bennett||@ Cowboys|
|16||Greg Olsen||@ Bears|
What is the duplicate article?
Why is this article offensive?
Where is this article plagiarized from?
Why is this article poorly edited?