Both Jeremy Mincey and Matt Shaughnessy have terrific matchups as the Jaguars and Raiders face off in Oakland this week. Both have had their ups and downs in their careers, but we should put them in the lineup this week.
When playing, Shaughnessy has proven to be a DL1 option, and we should expect that production going forward.
Mincey, on the other hand, had a disappointing day against the Bears, but the Jaguars fell behind early and it put the Bears in a situation to run more high percentage plays, and unfortunately Mincey didn’t get it done in tackles. That can happen even to the best defensive linemen so consider it just a bad day and get him in the lineup against the Raiders' shaky pass protection.
What Did We Learn From Week Six?
- Chris Kelsey played on the other side of Mario Williams and will be the starter the rest of the season with Mark Anderson done for the year. Kelsey had six solo tackles a sack and a safety against the Cardinals and makes for a decent DL2 play this week.
Sean’s Week Seven Watch List
- With all the injuries in Baltimore there is one player I continue to like on the front line and that is Pernell McPhee. He won’t be a big time sack player but we should expect at least DL3 numbers most weeks and I wouldn’t be surprised if he holds DL2 value while this team deals with injury problems.
- When the 49ers and Seahawks get together, it’s a tasty matchup for IDP players. Chris Clemons and Justin Smith are regular plays most weeks but give Brian Mebane and Bruce Irvin a look as DL3 options this week.
- Mario Williams got to the quarterback last week and he should have a good opportunity to find old man Matt Hasselbeck this week.
- Ben Roethlisberger injured his leg in practice; his ankle has been a problem since the end of last year. This should be a good sign for Michael Johnson, Carlos Dunlap and Geno Atkins' odds of picking up some big plays.
|3||Calais Campbell||@ Vikings|
|4||Chris Clemons||@ 49ers|
|6||Jeremy Mincey||@ Raiders|
|14||Derrick Morgan||@ Bills|
|19||Pernell McPhee||@ Texans|
|20||Will Smith||@ Bucs|
|22||Bruce Irvin||@ 49ers|
|24||Cameron Jordan||@ Bucs|
|26||Brian Mebane||@ 49ers|
|27||Darnell Dockett||@ Vikings|
|28||Courtney Upshaw||@ Texans|
|30||Ndamukong Suh||@ Bears|
Like the new article format? Send us feedback!