- For those worried that a slumping economy coupled with the Brewers loss of CC Sabathia and likely loss of Ben Sheets would leave the Brewers in a tough spot financially, there is good news. According to Brewers’ executive vice president for business operations, Rick Schlesinger, the Brewers’ organization is looking “very good” financially.
- The Brewers trade for CC Sabathia comes in at No. 5 of this site's top 10 MLB stories of 2008. It’s No. 1 on my list. Awww.
- You can watch Game Seven of the 1982 World Series here. Not sure why you’d want to do that to yourself, though.
- Brewers blogs Between the Green Pillars and Bernie’s Crew are in conjunction in releasing their list of top 25 Brewers’ prospects. Between the Green Pillars lists LHP Evan Frederickson at No. 25. Jim at Bernie’s Crew has RHP Evan Anundsen as his 25th best prospect.
- Buster Olney has a list of free agents on his blog worth taking a look at. Number 1 on his list is Mark Mulder. He has an interesting take on him. He had a couple monster seasons before being coached by Duncan in St. Louis, so I don’t think it’s completely irrational to think he could bounce back. Buster has Eric Gagne on his list as well. I’m interested to see what he’ll sign for. He also lists Guillermo Mota at the end of his blog.
- This Pirates blog asks, “Are the Pirates losing on purpose?“
- Among the reports of other MLB owners “supporting” the Yankees and discounting Brewers’ owner Mark Attanasio’s claim that baseball needs a salary cap, there is another NL Central owner who agrees that baseball may need a cap.
- Rattler Radio has a quick blog about Wisconsin bred actor Tom Wopat (you know...Luke Duke from the Dukes of Hazzard) and his disappointment that Sabathia didn’t resign with the Brewers.
- MinorLeagueBall.com lists the Cleveland Indians’ top 20 prospects. They list Matt LaPorta at No. 2, Michael Brantley at No. 11 and Rob Bryson at No. 19. No offense, Taylor Green, but I wish Brantley was still in the Brewers system. No regrets, though!
- Are the Pirates going to sign Derrick Turnbow? I’m for it.
- The Dodgers are reportedly looking into free agent Adam Dunn. Apparently the interest is mutual. Jared will lose sleep tonight.