In his first two seasons in the NFL, Raiders' receiver Darrius Heyward-Bey had 80-plus receiving yards in only two games.
Hitting his stride in his third season, Heyward-Bey has an active streak of three straight games with 80-plus receiving yards. Only three other players (Detroit's Calvin Johnson, Green Bay's Greg Jennings and New Orleans' Jimmy Graham) have done the same thing from Weeks 4 to 6.
Granted, some players did not have the opportunity to do so since they were on bye in one of those weeks, but receivers like Wes Welker, Roddy White, Hakeem Nicks, DeSean Jackson, etc. have played in all three of those weeks.
During that span, DHB has 17 receptions for 296 yards and a touchdown.
Meanwhile, rookie Denarius Moore, who had five receptions for 146 yards in Week 2, has only eight receptions for 62 yards and a score since then.
For Heyward-Bey to continue his hot streak and for Moore to get back on track, they will need to rely on new quarterback Carson Palmer, who is expected to start against Kansas City on Sunday. Here are more wide receiver notes for Week 7:
- Before last week's bye, Chiefs receiver Dwayne Bowe finished with season-highs in receptions (seven), yards (128) and touchdowns (two) in Week 5. Bowe has had 100-plus receiving yards in back-to-back games and has scored in three consecutive games.
- Colts receiver Pierre Garcon finished last week's game with eight receptions for 52 yards and no touchdowns, plus he lost a fumble. Garcon hauled in two touchdowns in each of his previous two games.
- Jordy Nelson led the Packers in receiving in Week 6 with 104 yards, but had only two receptions, including a 93-yard touchdown. Nelson has scored in four of six games this season. Teammate James Jones had only one reception but it was a 35-yard touchdown. Jones has now scored in three consecutive games.
- Rams receivers Danario Alexander and Greg Salas finished with 91 and 77 yards, respectively, and combined for 14 receptions. Salas set career highs in both receptions (eight) and receiving yards. Meanwhile, Alexander has 14 receptions for 287 yards and a touchdown for the season. Earlier in the week, the Rams traded for Brandon Lloyd and cut Mike Sims-Walker, who re-signed with the Jaguars.
- Lions receiver Calvin Johnson finished with seven receptions for 113 yards this week, but he failed to score a touchdown for the first time this season.
- Steelers receiver Mike Wallace has had at least 76 yards in all six games this season. Wallace is dealing with a hamstring injury, but he was a limited participant at practice on Thursday, according to the team's website.
- Baltimore receiver Anquan Boldin finished with a season-high 132 yards last week, which is his second highest total since joining the Ravens.
- Following a pathetic performance in Week 5 (one catch for 11 yards on 11 targets), Texans receiver Jacoby Jones had four receptions for a team high 76 yards and a touchdown in Week 6.
- Cleveland's rookie receiver Greg Little, who started opposite Mohammed Massaquoi, finished with team highs in receptions (six), yards (72) and targets (12). It was the second straight game that Little finished with six receptions and 50-plus yards.
- Redskins receiver Jabar Gaffney has had 50-plus receiving yards in all five of his games this season.
Here are our top 50 fantasy wide receivers for Week 7:
1. Calvin Johnson, Lions (vs. ATL)
2. Greg Jennings, Packers (at MIN)
3. Mike Wallace, Steelers (at ARI)
4. Miles Austin, Cowboys (vs. STL)
5. Steve Smith, Panthers (vs. WAS)
6. Dez Bryant, Cowboys (vs. STL)
7. Larry Fitzgerald, Cardinals (vs. PIT)
8. Roddy White, Falcons (at DET)
9. Dwayne Bowe, Chiefs (at OAK)
10. Brandon Marshall, Dolphins (vs. DEN)
11. Marques Colston, Saints (vs. IND)
12. Vincent Jackson, Chargers (at NYJ)
13. Santana Moss, Redskins (at CAR)
14. Anquan Boldin, Ravens (at JAC)
15. Pierre Garcon, Colts (at NO)
16. Jordy Nelson, Packers (at MIN)
17. Santonio Holmes, Jets (vs. SD)
18. Reggie Wayne, Colts (at NO)
19. Eric Decker, Broncos (at MIA)
20. James Jones, Packers (at MIN)
21. Darrius Heyward-Bey, Raiders (vs. KC)
22. Percy Harvin, Vikings (vs. GB)
23. Greg Little, Browns (vs. SEA)
24. Sidney Rice, Seahawks (at CLE)
25. Mike Williams, Bucs (vs. CHI)
26. Nate Washington, Titans (vs. HOU)
27. Lance Moore, Saints (vs. IND)
28. Doug Baldwin, Seahawks (at CLE)
29. Mike Thomas, Jaguars (vs. BAL)
30. Brandon Lloyd, Rams (at DAL)
31. Kevin Walter, Texans (at TEN)
32. Julio Jones, Falcons (at DET)
33. Malcom Floyd, Chargers (at NYJ)
34. Hines Ward, Steelers (at ARI)
35. Danario Alexander, Rams (at DAL)
36. Jacoby Jones, Texans (at TEN)
37. Mohamed Massaquoi, Browns (vs. SEA)
38. Antonio Brown, Steelers (at ARI)
39. Robert Meachem, Saints (vs. IND)
40. Steve Breaston, Chiefs (at OAK)
41. Torrey Smith, Ravens (at JAC)
42. Jabar Gaffney, Redskins (at CAR)
43. Denarius Moore, Raiders (vs. KC)
44. Johnny Knox, Bears (at TB)
45. Nate Burleson, Lions (vs. ATL)
46. Plaxico Burress, Jets (vs. SD)
47. Devin Hester, Bears (at TB)
48. Jacoby Ford, Raiders (vs. KC)
49. Davone Bess, Dolphins (vs. DEN)
50. Titus Young, Lions (vs. ATL)
Good luck in Week 7!
Like the new article format? Send us feedback!