The Dallas Cowboys matchup with the Denver Broncos will easily be one of the more entertaining preseason games that you could want to see.
Usually preseason is just about getting your starters a little bit of work and then finding out what hidden gems you might have on your depth chart.
Even though the basic premise of this game will be the same, things are going to be a lot more heated than usual.
The Denver Broncos are in the midst of a quarterback controversy of epic proportions, and honestly every snap of this preseason is going to matter for the three quarterbacks involved.
It’s not as if Denver doesn’t have plenty of unanswered questions they need to sort through either.
This is going to be a very interesting game
Denver Broncos vs. Dallas Cowboys
Location: Arlington, Texas
Date: Thursday August 11th, 2011
Stadium: Cowboys Stadium
Game Time: 8:30 PM ET
Dallas- KTVT. CBS 11
Denver- KUSA- TV
Dallas- 105.3 the FAN and affiliates
Denver- 850 KOA
Online Streaming: (NFL.com $19.99 preseason special)
Broncos Key Additions: TE Daniel Fells, RB Willis McGahee, DL Ty Warren
Cowboys Key Additions: DL Kenyon Coleman, LB Bruce Carter, RB DeMarco Murray
What's worth watching:
- Obviously the biggest drama situation right now is quarterback Tim Tebow and his pursuit of Denver's starting job. I'm going to be keeping my eye on all three quarterbacks to see how many snaps they each get.
- Willis McGahee has had a so-so career in the NFL, which is disappointing because he showed so much potential. I really want to see if the change of scenery will resurrect his career.
- John Fox may be on the biggest hot-seat any first year coach has ever sat on. His fans are divided over the quarterback situation, and the expectations are always high in Denver. The past few years have been rough, so they will be looking to Fox to turn it around. The first game under the lights is always a fun one, even in the preseason.
- The Cowboys are America's team, but that means that they are also highly scrutinized. So far things have been pretty disappointing during the Tony Romo era, despite the success and potential that he has shown. Will he get any snaps during this game?
- Rex Ryan's lesser known brother, Rob Ryan, has been hired on as the defensive coordinator for the Cowboys. He's a great coach and knows how to run a defense. Dallas has had some defensive woes in the past year or two, so how will he change things? Also, what kind of shenanigans does he have up his sleeves?
- I'm expecting some very good things out of rookie running back DeMarco Murray. He was stellar in college, and I think he's going to be great in the NFL. Can't wait to see him run!
For more Broncos vs. Cowboys Action, check out the 5 Things to Watch During this Preseason Matchup.