He's a risk/reward athlete, but I think he is the best available, so the Vikes will settle. If this were was no lockout, the team would shop the free agent class for a QB. But, we have no choice. Darn.
13. The Detroit Lions leader in rushing had a meager 555 yards. The question is whether the problem is with the backs or the OL. I think there's some real meat at offensive line, and the Lions would've taken Tyron Smith from USC. Instead, they'll "settle" for Gabe Carimi. Not too bad Detroit.
14. The St. Louis Rams and Spagnolo will be ready to invest in the defense. There are solid picks at defensive line here. JJ Watt is his guy. I like the Wisconsin linemen (offensive and defensive).
15. A lot of experts are picking an offensive line player for the Miami Dolphins. I think that's a reasonable explanation. When I looked at their roster, I thought they might go RB, but I think there are other options in later rounds. With Smith and Carimi off the board, Mike Pouncey goes here, and the Dolphins are flapping their Fins!
16. Oh the poor, lowly, Jacksonville Jaguars, who seemed to struggle in all areas, except the running game. I think they're committed to David Garrard for another year, so my guess is they go defense here. Cameron Jordan may be a nice fit.
Which QB will go first?
17. The New England Patriots (from Oakland) need a WR who can stretch the field, but there is not a first round option available. Some have debated whether Ingram might go here. Belichick loves Woodhead, but he is not an every down back. The Pats pick up a beast and former Heisman winner in Mark Ingram.
18. San Diego Chargers: With Ron Rivera gone, the Chargers will want to start a new identity with their defense. Ryan Kerrigan is a hot commodity and goes to the Chargers. Think Kerrigan will enjoy the weather?
19. The New York Giants will take RB Mikel Leshoure. I don't see Brandon Jacobs staying with the team long, and Bradshaw does cough the ball up sometimes. Fresh legs, hands, and eyes in the Big Apple.
20. The Tampa Bay Buccaneers are one of the hottest young teams in the league. They could go OL, but I'm going wit the experts on this one and picking defensive linemen Adrian Clayborn from Iowa.
21. The Kansas City Chiefs focused on position players last year. I think they try to shore up offensive and/or defensive lines. Phil Taylor is the best option available.
22. There was a rumor on the Dan Patrick show about whether the Indianapolis Colts would be sneaky and pick a QB but I'm not sure they go first round. The o-line is not getting any younger, and the Colts grab Solder from Colorado. Manning is thrilled. He's going to name his newborn son Solder.
Well, one more post to come. Stop by tomorrow to see who I think some of the playoff teams will take.