As a response to the picture, I am NOT Tom Heckert. I don't claim to be. I am your average Browns fan, I don't own season tickets (I'm too poor), and I don't have any sort of connection that's going to get my opinion posted anywhere other than this site.
However, after seeing countless mock drafts, reading hundreds of articles, commenting on almost every one of those articles and the countless numbers of comments posted on them that I could, after watching the recordings of the NFL Combine I have on my DVR, and after researching as many scouting reports I can get my hands on. I'm officially ready for the draft.
In this article, I'm going to attempt what I would've considered the impossible: predicting how the Browns roster may look in a number of different situations. However, there are rules that I must hold my predictions to.
- Mike Holmgren said the Browns will not be major competitors in free agency this season.
- The Browns current draft position.
- The relatively small amount of trade-worthy assets on the team.
I am going to hold each of my attempts to these three simple rules:
- A maximum of two free agent selections can be made.
- The Browns cannot get any more picks or drop any amount of spots in the draft
- One and only one trade, and it must be a realistic scenario.
So, without further adieu, I give you my attempts at building the best roster I can, given the three rules