The 2011 MLB season is just around the corner with an unprecedented Thursday beginning this year, adding a little bit of hype to an already interesting campaign ahead.
While we can all agree that the Phillies, Yankees, Red Sox, and Giants will probably fight for an appearance in the Fall Classic, what is debatable is who else will be throwing their hat into the mix.
- Can the Orioles shake things up in the AL East?
- Are the Cardinals dead in the water without Wainwright?
- Can the Braves usurp the Phillies for the division?
- Are the Padres ready for a post season appearance?
- Can the White Sox make it, or are the Twins in line for another postseason showing?
- Are the Athletics this year's breakout team...(I think so)
These are just some of the story lines going into the 2011 season, and all of this will hinge on the pitching staffs.
So let's take a look at how each team plans on putting their best foot forward on opening day.
Also, for all of you fantasy baseball fans out there, you can use this slide as a template considering any of these guys will give you some extra days in fantasy competition.
If you need any additional advice, please feel free to check me out here!